Sign in to follow this  
Guest Duke_Sc

Message for Allan_D or anyone with an answer :)

Guest Duke_Sc

Hi Allan,I've just bought an 80gb hard drive and now have the space for both fs and fu3. So I've been installing fu3 since yesterday and have hit a problem. I've installed the game as per the instructions. I copied your folder with the extra planes, then I copied the folders you sent me for seattle and sanfran into their respective folders, then I copied the packages folder over into the fu3 main folder. Job done! Except that when I try to fly from Oswald field I'm way off the west coast of Sanfran in the drink!!! All your addon's are there from the circling GA's to the wee guys and their trucks. It's just that they are all sitting on the sea and when I go there my plane goes glug! glug!I've tried reinstalling everything from scratch but with the same results. What am I doing wrong?Hoping you can help,Duke

Guest juvat2

Hi,I did that once, experimenting with logging flight plans Sea to SFO. What I did was add the Hi-Res SFO airport folder into the Outer Terrain airports folder. I ended up with Another SFO way off the coast of the Hi-Res SFO. The buildings-everything was there partially submerged. A very sinking feeling(had to say that :)So I removed that folder and everything was ok again. Another thing, and I don't know why it happens, make sure when switching to start a new flight from one Hi-Res region to another that you select airports, regions, then select the region you will be flying from. That tip was from someone here, maybe Hans or Lars when I would start in SFO and could see much of the city was in the water or floating in the air. Selecting regions/ San Fransisco corrected it.Hope this was helpful.JimB

Guest Duke_Sc

Thanks JimB,I'm not sure about the different folders you mention, but I deleted all the files I had in the packages folder and just added back in Oswald field and it appeared in the right place. I think it was originally popping up in San Francisco but now it seems to be in Seattle region :) Coming from Scotland I don't know which is correct but at least now it's on dry land!Have you ever tried using the program Flight Support System? It uses the challenges but gives you a 'job' where you have to ferry people and cargo around following the rules (of course) and if you're successful you get paid. I like it coz I find just flying around gets a bit boring. Only trouble is most of the flights take place at night as it gets it time from the system clock and I'm hanged if I can find any airstrip at night LOL so I keep getting my wages docked. If you haven't heard of it but would like to check it out go to http://www.dextech.com/services/fss/Thanks again for the help.Duke

Guest Allan_D

Hi Duke.I'm not sure what is going on here, I've never had this happen to me.Did I send you all of the discs? FU3 and FU2?I'm sorry I didn't remember that but I've copied and Mailed FU3 and FU2 so many times that I forget. Give me a break, I'm getting old :-lolIf all of your install discs came from me then they should all match up and work together. Depending on your Video card you might need the patch, but that's on my extra disc including my packages, planes, models, etc., that I always send with my FU3/FU2 copiesIf this is the case then all other packages and models, airplanes, etc. that I sent you should work correctly if you intalled things in correct folders.The only thing I can think of, if your using the same game discs as me would be, Try your game before you add anything else from my extra add on disc.If everything is fine then try adding the planes, then the models and sound, then my packages 1 at time,It sounds Like Jim B. got you closer to working, Thanks Jim.Duke you be careful around "Oswald Field" A pilot could get hurt in that area, :-lolDuke if you can't get things working correctly, hopefully the other FU3 guys will jump in and help us or you should send me a private message and I'll try my best to get you up to speed with this FU3 stuff.Have Fun :-vuurAllan

Guest juvat2

Hi Duke,I've enjoyed Dexters' FSS since the days it was known as Flight DF/x .3. I feel its a must add-on for Flight3. Full of interactive features and challenging/ rewarding flights.You might try using your "D" or "ctrl+D" to adjust your sim clock. Don't know if that'll fail your flight though.Other very fun challenges in no particular order:FU3Pro, Glider Challenge, BaronXP, Reunion, Need for Speed, Dead Reckoning.If you can get to the old BFU forum area where they posted assignments for Flight Unlimited; try those, they are a challenge unto themselves. Will require BFU type aircraft and packages. BFU has their home here at Avsim. Go to thier home page, there used to be links to aircraft and packages you'd need for Flight3.Same for FS2002.There are many more fun challenges out there.Have Fun Duke,JimB.