Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

aimodel.dat tool

Guest juvat2

Hi,I realise there's a perl script for creating a aimodel.dat. But is there a tool that can open aimodel.dat? Open it for editing? Could one me made for both Flight 3 and JAS?Flight3 and JAS use aimodel.dat files. Thank you,JimB

Doesn't Jokke do this when modifying the existing aimodel.dat file ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest juvat2

Hi Chris,I've been reading over his AI Traffic.doc, trying to figure if there's a way to directly open the aimodel.dat. Not able to tell.I think existing aimodel scripts for the beech and renegade exist for Flight3, are edited to suite, then built to aimodel.dat via the restool.exe. I'm just not sure. What got me on this little thing is mainly JAS' aimodel.dat. The ai aircraft are capable of performing some outlandish-"starwars" maneuvers. They also fail to land when rtb(auger in about every instance, fail to drop gear or flaps, desel to stall), are over zealous when given an attack command such as "attack ground target" or "attack fighters/bombers". They destroy their target alright, then follow the destroyed target into the ground, enemy ai perform aerobatics with half a wing missing.We suspect this ai mis-behavior might be corrected to some degree if the aimodel.dat file could be accessed. If such a tool existed or developed for Flight3 and JAS, it would benefit us all.JimB

Can't you ask Jokke how he edited this file ?

Jokke changed certain attributes of the AI planes for his original AI Enhancement Pack, like the banking angle of the planes, and also various runway take-off and landing distances. That presumably means that he does have access to aimodel.dat.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Jokke

Hello All,This answer is long due, but here it is anyway.There is no tool to modify AIMODEL.DAT. I took the original source from FU III plane building tools (AIMODEL.PL), altered it, compiled it with Perl compiler, and then used it to replace the original one.You can study the PL file to see how it builds the DAT, and ofcourse to see how the tables there are made. Since JAS is military sim I suspect they have many other additional situations for their planes, compared to FU III. But seeing how the DAT is made may help to reverse engineer the JAS file for alterations.Best thing ofcourse would be to get the source PL file for study...Hope this helps,Jokke

Welcome back, Jokke. It's very nice to see you here again :-waveChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Jim,hello together,I

I'm looking forward to the piccies, Ansgar :-)I have made plenty of updates, tweaks and modifications to numerous airports in both high resolution scenery regions, but I am waiting for the release of this new AI pack so that I can include the new AI plane types. I would also prefer to include the Seattle Pylons pack in the Seattle update, since some of the pylons in this region are already included in several airport packages. Without these, the pylons would be incomplete.*** If everyone doesn't mind installing a few of my airport scenery packages with the Seattle Pylons pack (assuming that you do not have them installed already), then I would be happy to release the pylons as a separate pack. I just don't want people whinging about having to install some of my other stuff ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png