Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

AI DHC6s

Guest effyouthree

These shots didn't make it last time, so here they are!Skybus DHC6 in high bank whilst perfoming a go-around at Heathrow. ATC actually had this guy on final AGAINST the runway traffic flow :-eek What were they thinking?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79505.jpgLoganair/BA DHC6 heading off in the mid-morning sun.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79506.jpgAnother gratuitous Skybus shot. On the way back to Heathrow on a muggy, hazy evening.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79507.jpgBTW, there's also a 'D-IVER' DHC6 AI as well :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Beautiful shots! Are you sure you were headed for the right runway? Normally Heathrow sends the heavy traffic to one side and the light traffic to the other, and I think a DHC6 would rank as light. Which is a pity since I like a bit of ILS help on finals and the smaller runway doesn't have it.

Small runway ?!! :-hmmm Aren't the two parallel runways used at Heathrow ? The shortest of these is 12000 feet long, which doesn't equate with "short" in my book. Perhaps you mean runway 5/23....but then that shouldn't be active.........Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jon,You don't appear to have read the "more AI previews" thread, so I will ask you the same question on this one. Did you receive my recent e-mail regarding the floating FBO problem ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

No Chris, I'm not talking about short runways - by smaller I mean designated for smaller planes (its 3900m x 45 m so not physically smaller - its the biggest)- this is the northern of the two big east-west runways and is used for small planes in the AI setup. Roland Wagener wrote the AI for this one and generally its fine, simply uses the southern runway for heavies and diverts other planes to the far side. I was simply saying that Jon should check he is landing on the northern E-W runway, not the southern, as per setup.

Guest effyouthree

Rob,*I* wasn't doing anything, just watching! This was all AI stuff. I've noticed it gets up to some strange things. Face-offs on taxiways are nothing compared to what happens in the air :-eek This Heathrow thing isn't unique to the area either. I followed a DHC6 at SFO which continually made approaches in the wrong direction. The ATC 'go around' message sounded like a broken record :-roll Also at SFO, 2 AIs took off on the parallel runways, then the one in front turned across the other one's path. I quickly switched planes and I reckon they were within 100ft :-eek :-eek Chris,Yes, I got the message. I've been playing with a bit, amongst the AIs and UKS. If you would like to try just loading the mipfiles for 2,3 and 5 and see if that helps. I'm thinking that the remapped 1,4 & 6 aren't suitable for Sanfran - unless users don't mind 're-grounding' them in FLED. It certainly doesn't bother me - I've already had to go to nearly every single strip to check them :-rollBTW, in reference to old vs. new BA liveries, sorry I was confused. Somebody once explained their preference for the older scheme - maybe in reference to the Concorde. For some silly reason, I thought it was you! In any case, I prefer it on the DHC6 as the new scheme looks strange on an older aircraft (and I love that 'distinguished' coat-of-arms on the tail) ;):-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jon,Don't worry about it. The DHC6 in old BA colours looks great.As for the AI problem with the DHC6, this must surely be a problem with the plane itself ? I am fairly sure that you use my SanFran 2004 pack, which means that you are effectively using the same AI environment as myself. I have NEVER encountered AI planes attempting to land on airport runways from the wrong direction. Do you know WHY they are doing this, since it is something that needs to be sorted out before the upgraded AI Pack is released ?You say that you received my latest e-mail regarding the FBO models in the SanFran region, but then you suggest simply adding the mip files. My last e-mail stated that it was the installation of Robert Driscoll's extended SanFran models database that results in ALL of the FBO models floating above the ground (and I am referring to the DEFAULT models here). That surely means that any attempt to replace the FBO models after this pack has been installed will do nothing more than replace the old models with the new versions.....and still leave these models floating above ground. Am I correct ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png