Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

AVSIM survey.

Guest effyouthree

Tom,"And Jon, by raising that meaty little hand of yours, you now have a volunteer position on AVSIM"Whoops! No, it's OK - I'd be honoured to help out. I've sent you an email giving my email address so we can get 'on with it' ;)My suggestion is firstly to decide who will benefit from the information gathered and how they would use it. For example, does Avsim wish to fine-tune anything, or is more important to identify 'dark corners' where resources are currently wasted? Not that I am suggesting 'purging deadwood' (heaven forbid - FU3 would probably be considered flotsam by many...) but maybe Avsim provides services that are better served otherwise. I don't know, these are just ideas ;)Maybe, as a 'non-profit' organisation, Avsim would be a more-respected member of the simming community? The reason I say this relates to my previous posts, where I mentioned attracting donations from parties that could make good use of the data gathered. This would have the advantage of broadening the scope of the survey, making the data obtained useful to more people.Maybe, and this is starting to sound like a better idea, we have 2! The first one would be a user's survey, to provide feedback to Avsim about what people like/dislike/expect etc. Reading between the lines, we can quickly determine whether your (our?) efforts should be increased/decreased in certain arenas. The second survey would be much bigger, covering as many aspects of the simming profession (don't forget that many of us use simming as an adjunct to real flight training - this was not obvious from the survey given) as is reasonable, and allowing ALL folks (not just those that fall 'inside the lines') to have their say. For example, I use FU3 as my primary simulator but I'd love to be able to say WHY!I DO go on, huh? Between my brother (Sam) and I, we can talk the legs off 6 chairs, a dining table and the milko's horse :-lolRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Don't worry, Jon. I am sure that Tom is well aware that FU3 is the most important piece of flight simulation software here at AVSIM Online :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jon, you sent me an email? Hmmm... it got ate somewhere between you and me then, cause I never got it. That's okay. After the 9th of July, I will send you an email outlining what I have in mind. I will be on travel from the 26th of June through the 9th of July, so will be incommunicado. Think of how you would like to structure a definitive survey of the hobby, keeping in mind that our goals are to 1.) Define what AVSIM does well, and what we need to improve upon, and 2.) what the flight sim community has/needs/wants today and tomorrow.

Chris, I *am* VERY well aware of the most important piece of flight simulation software here at AVSIM - Propilot!!! :-lol I crack myself up sometimes!!!

Guest effyouthree

Tom,It was through the Avsim email system. Go to the home page and you should get a message. This is one thing I'd like fixed :-rollMeanwhile, I'll start thinking about the survey's structure and form :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest Thomas

Hi,I am holding "FU3 Pilot's Licence" #18.Regards from Luxembourg,Thomas

Guest CaptRolo

Hey don't forget me ! I'm # 19 CaptRolo