Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seadog

CH USB Flightsim Yoke & Pro Pedals

Guest Seadog

Merci, Pete, of the fascinating literary images, and thank you all others who gallantly helped as well, Chris and Dugald, Hans and Jonathan, and others who posted much earlier on the subject.After reflecting and after factoring in the solutions offered, I've come to the conclusion that the problem is generated principally by motherboard design.Each solution works for each one who has solved the problem because the motherboard permits it. USB is an integral part of the chipset that is hard wired and can't be upgraded. Since I have the same chipset as Dugald, but can't use his solution, the only variable left is the motherboard. I look forward to my next motherboard, with hope.You have been generous, kind and friendly to a stranger, and I appreciate it.:-wave Seadog

Guest CaptRolo

Seadog; I sent you an email through avsim , will send you combo drivers . Sorry for delay but I have been working a lot lately and don't like it , but you have to do what you haveto do . I have time off july 4th weekend. need your email address . CaptRolo

Guest Seadog

I gave it the old grad school try with the CH Combo Driver ver. 1.00 that CaptRolo generously forwarded to me yesterday evening, but with no luck. Given that I'm punch drunk from the hundred-plus variations I've tried, I actually found the result hilarious.First off, my hopes were raised when I cranked it up and saw all three levers correctly controlling their functions. Oh, joy!But once the engine was cranked and the brakes released, it was a different story entirely. I've been bitten by the curse of The Flying Dutchman - the ship sails fine, but there's no crew controlling it. I found the Yoke no longer controlled the X-Y axes at all, and the rudder likewise failed to respond, while the brake pedals controlled the left and right side views, like a hat switch. But I darn sure could operate those levers! I even tried John Voznak's solutions again with no luck.Time to put her in the hangar until I get a whole new rig. This motherboard just isn't going to get the job done, and I'm through throwing good time after bad.On to the next new thing - Anybody running it on an Athlon 64 yet?:-beerchug Thanks for all your help, especially the clearly overworked CaptRolo and Persistent Pete - Seadog

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm sorry you have had no success seadog (I've never even tried) but its been delightful reading this thread. The main thing I have learnt is that without flypaper I am not experiencing the full joy of FU3, so I'm buying and installing this immediately.I'm just a little hazy on where to install it ...

Guest CaptRolo

Seadog ; Dissapointed that this driver didn't work for you .There's one other possibility . When I purchased usb pedals from My friend ,they wouldn't work right for him with his Microsoft flight stick. (1998 vintage approx) .I already had the yoke and I couldn't get them to work right either . So like you I tried everything . Then I contacted C-H and they told me that my pedals "chip" had to be upgraded because They were early vintage. . So I Sent pedals to C-H for free upgrade . Weeks later I finally recieved shipment and lo and behold they Work!!P.S. If I had bought the pedals at the time I purchased my yoke(Late1999 or early 2000)I could have avoided the hassel .This problem was not Posted by C-H .Maybe This will shed some light on the subject. At least will be in archives at avsim .CaptRolo

Guest Seadog

I sense I'll be carried out on my shield, hors de combat. Just when I thought I had the option of an honorable retreat .....This is absolutely fresh news to me and, of course, nothing CH mentioned. I'll dig out my paperwork and check the vintage of my pedals, and contact Michael Sexton of their Tech Support department.It's a really helpful suggestion, mon Capitain. Belay the flypaper.:-yellow1 Seadog

Guest Seadog

CaptRolo I was able to confirm that there once was a problem with the Pro Pedals USB chip, but that it was resolved in 2000, and is not a problem for any current purchaser. Since mine were made well past that range, it is neither a problem nor a solution for me either.That means I get an Honorable Discharge from dealing with this problem, printed of course on flypaper.:-hah Once I get the new CPU and motherboard of my dreams, I'll be recalled to service on this issue. Until then, free virtual beers on me for all those who so kindly and generously offered assistance.:-beerchug Seadog

Guest Motormouse

Noooo....not an 'honourable discharge' that means (usually) transfer to the reserves on half-pay..why not 'laying up for a careening' (for the non-nautical types this can be translated assitting scratching one's behind for a bit while thinking about it)instead :-lol Have fun:-wavePete

Guest CaptRolo

Seadog ,That beer shur tastes good !!Standing by for your recommision /outCaptRolo

Guest effyouthree

Ooooooeeww... a hangover *:-* I know I didn't help but I can't reshisht a beer on offer...But now, my controlsh don't work! Durn joyshtick - why ish it turning right? Awww, lift the foot orf the pedalsh - now I'm upshide down. Whatsh wrong? Watsh that sound? CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHHHHH!Sheadog, I know your problemsh now. Itsh the virts - vershool beersh. They're making me virshooly p*shed & I'm shuffering vershigo in my sheat :-erks I'll lishen to Rob and shtick to a nyth red nexsh time. *:-* "Honourable Discharge" > When a pollie vents his/her spleen. It's the undesirable mess that ends up in the media afterwards...:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"