Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Where can I find FLED Viewer ?

Can someone please let me know where I can get Andre Meystre's FLED Viewer ? Is it the same as the FLED Bookmark Manager ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,No it's not the same tool. FledViewer was posted as a beta version just here in the forum like nowhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/81494.zipbefore loading to avsim library I want to finish and test it.I am working on a function to move all objects of a mod file to anothe tile or even region. :-wave agtim

Thanks, Andre. I will see if I can remove that rogue pylon now :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Andre,I can't find that rogue pylon. The x,y coordinates do not match up with any object in the various .mod files associated with my Seattle Pylons pack. However, I have noticed something rather strange. There is a single "airport tower" icon (with the single letter designation "I") in one of the .mod files that shouldn't be there....and it has rather odd coordinates. They are as follows:-x..... 0y..... 79739z..... 32772That seems to suggest that this particular object/thing (whatever it is) exists outside the main Seattle map, and at an altitude that even Burt Rutan would have trouble reaching ! Could this be the rogue object ? If the coordinates are all garbage, then maybe the identification is also ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,Yes such objects are results of FLED crashes and can be removed with FLEDViewer only. To delete an object just uncheck the object node and save as ... may be better in a new file. Then test the new mod file.You can delete full objects only, single coordinates can't be deleted. :-wave agtim

Andre,How can I delete the object ? There is no "save as..." command. All I can see are EXPAND, COLLAPSE, EXPORT FOR XLS, OPEN m0xxyy.mod, and EXIT.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

I use FledViewer a bit when checking packages - before releasing a new package I make a complete list of all objects use, then check I have all needed BIN and MIP files for both the day and night models (and any distance models if used), and I have found it to be a great help.As I understand it with the delete object function, wasn't there some small problem with deleting, to do with the model count being in the package header? Has this been fixed?At present I used FLED for deleting, and for the occasional 'rogue pylon' effect I don't mind redoing the package, but it would be nice to know that FledViewer can do this automatically.You have made so many amazing utilities now to help with packages - the terrain flattener, sculptor and classifier, the moving object viewer etc etc - I think you have taken over from the great Gideon in this area! I find most of these little utilities very helpful and have set them all up in a special 'Tools' folder. So here's a wish list of little program mods that would be very handy in packages. During your next coffee break, maybe you could write a little program to do all these (would Tuesday be OK?):1) ability to combine two packages, eg having two packages of the same area, to combine the model lists to form one package.2) ability to separate two packages, i.e. to break a package into two smaller packages.3) ability to export a moving object from a package, and then reimport it into another package(eg to take a moving oil tanker from UKS and reimport it into a new LCA package).4) ability to change designation of an object, especially to change a 'runway' object into a common object.5) ability to remap a BGR as an RGB model! RobD.

Hi Chris and Robert,well nice wish list :-) will take a while to make it real :-)we will see...and sorry for the old version of the zip. FLEDViewer 1.5 can do more. With the delete function you can split 1 large mod file in a smaller one by checking the wanted objects.here is the last version 1.5http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/81762.zip :-wave agtim

I am still having problems. FLED Viewer version 1.5 does NOT show that strange "airport icon" that I mentioned, even though it DOES appear in the old version. This is in megatile "aeab", although the rogue pylon is located in "aeac". Nothing unusual can be found in this megatile !!!!HELP !Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris send the mod files aeab and aeac at a.meystre@agtim.ch and FU3 in the subject of the mail :-wave agtim

The problem was a pylon on the tile boundary Object 19 twr2 has for that a TILE LINK ENTRYand must then have an entry for the same object in the referenced tile. This was missing FLED-Crash ?Such an object can't be removed using FLED, you must use FLEDViewer for that, just uncheck the objects to delete and save the file.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/82199.jpg :-wave agtim