Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

If you use FU3, then please confirm by posting here

I can't say FU3 is my primary sim any more but I do make the ocassionaly flight using it."2) the limits - esp the two big '256' limits - colour range and MIP size"FS2004 is limited to 4.8m/pixel though. Kind of funny because it's four years newer than FU3 which does 4.0m/pixel."3) 32m distance between terrain altitude points"According to this article:http://www.visualflight.co.uk/vfrterrain/t...ution/index.htmThe max resolution in FS2004 is now 38m (38m distance between elevation points). According to this article, 19m was the max in FS2002, not 9.6 m like many thought. I can confirm that 38m seems to be the max in FS2004 and though I haven't checked FS2002 I'm convinced 19m was the max in it.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>The max resolution in FS2004 is now 38m (38m distance between>elevation points). According to this article, 19m was the max>in FS2002, not 9.6 m like many thought. I can confirm that 38m>seems to be the max in FS2004 and though I haven't checked>FS2002 I'm convinced 19m was the max in it.How about FS2000? I just remember it's Mt. Rainier looking much better than FUIII's/ FS2002/ FS2004. The Mt. Rainer area used higher resolution detail than the rest of the sim.Why am I here ?................. blame Christopher Low ... :D P.S. ---Sure wish I had those old FLY So-cal screenshots of mine, when the comparison between FUIII & FS2004 came up, somewhere around Half Moon Bay, as I remember. Lost them with the hard-drive, but then Half Moon isn't So-Cal either. :)

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Chris,I've got 5 days on UK soil this month (two more than in June) so I don't exactly have much free time. I do still want to play FU3 though...Cheers,Rich

Guest Allan_D

John,My new computer came from the local shop with XP loaded and 98se also, for some reason it will not except the second disk in the XP mode? I tried several different times before giving it up. I will reinstall it on my old conputer in the future, somedayLaterHave Fun :-vuurAllan and PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest Quaxo

FU3 is still my only flight simulator of choice - if only I had more time to use it! Being out of home for 14-15 hours a day doesn't leave much free time... :- :)Cristian

It is still on my hard drive. I haven't flown it in quite a while.

Guest JakeInHartsel

Hi Chris,Yes I have it loaded it seems to work, but I haven't had time to get the stick up and running. Up where I live summer is short and there are lots of things that need doing before winter. Got just about all done except cutting wood for the winter. House is solar heated but i still use some wood on cloudy days and at night. I imagine I will be up and flying in a couple of weeks, then I will need to get FU 1 running on my new machine or resurect an old machine.JakeInHartselSitting in front of my computer at 9,700 ft. msl

HiI'm still using FU3. Just recently upgraded it in fact with the Seatle 2005 'kit' from the AVSim Library and added some extra 'planes.The new scenery and upgraded airports are great. Been having a little fun with my new DC3 although it does crash to desktop sometimes. The Antonov is a bit of a pigto fly - no visibility.I do have a few of queries tho.I find the while the taxiway centre makings are ok when I take off and still so if I land at the same airport, if I land at another airport the centre markings are gone but if I quit and restart FU and I'm at the new airport - lo there are centre lines. Airport where there were no centre lines in the original e.g. Tacoma Narrows have reverted. It's as if it's using a new file for take off but and old file for landing. anyone got any ideas?Anybody know how to get the runway lights on at Fairchild (123.0)? I've been tossing around the idea of building an articulated cockpit. Is it possible to get real time aircraft attitude data out of FU3? Thanks to all for the continuing developments nontheless. Still much appreciated.Chris Heaton

YarrrOn & off.Busyish at the mo remaking the OT rules. Sheesh a long job & frustrating. I'll be bald soon...I use FS9 a lot too but get to feel guiltily unfaithful if I stay out too long!D

Guest esveld

Hi there,I'm an unfaithfull recreational simmer, but like to take a spin once in while. Preferably in the lake renegade, which is a realy fun plane to spash arround with, or the baron for instrument flying, or a sailplane for just to chill out. Anyway FUIII has enough goodies for to satisfy me. Also because the development community was/is small, it is not an anonymous game. You get familiar with the names and have an idea of the work and sweat that it took for them to come-up with new planes, updated AI traffic and scenery. So when I'm enjoying a 747 AI flyby (F9 view) at dawn, it is the more appreciating because you know somebody (ansgar was it not) made that for people like me to enjoy. However, since the last devastating virus attack a year ago, I haven't been able to fly FUIII and all its wonderfull add-ons anymore.The whole pc got a new install since all the exe files seemed to be infected. So I deleted all the exe files, including flight3.exe fled.exe and the model and resview programs. The rest of the files are still in an archive. I'm reluctand to re

Hi all,Yep, I'm still around tho not poking my head up much at the moment.I haven't had much time for simming lately, but still run up the old FU3 occasionally, and fettle around with XP9 as well.My main interest has shifted to building up an "immersive" cockpit using XP. Still got a long way to go.CheersBruce H (Oz)

It's quite amusing to see several recent responses in a thread that I actually posted in 2004!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's quite amusing to see several recent responses in a thread that I actually posted in 2004!
Just checking you're still awake... :(

Guest esveld
Ah, Chris if you're still out there, could I ask you a favour regarding the executables requested in my reply to this tread a few days ago?It would be very much appreciated :( Erik