Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Airport designation codes

Does anyone know what the FAA code was for Hamilton Air Force Base ? In addition, does anyone know how to change one of these in FU3 ? My current version of Hamilton AFB uses the code "afb", but I would like to change this to the correct code.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the information, Jim. Now I need someone to tell me how to change the airport code from "afb" to "srf" in FU3 :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Chris, I don't know for sure,butthink you'll find you can do it by renaming the airport name not airports folder,(within the relevant package folder of course).You'll find the airport name in the fbo.cfs file, listed inside the airfield source folder inside the ##region##/inner/airports folder.:-wavePete

Pete,Only the airport name is stated in that file. I want to change the code.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Sorry Chris, think I might have confused you (and me)here's a screenshot to explain!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/82046.jpgThis one is showing the icao code for Fall City, 1wa6The only place FUIII uses the icao/faa code is within FLED,which gets it (the code) from reading the folder name inside the airport folder of whichever package.:-wavePeteps icao = International Civil Aviation Organisation, but you knew that already !!

Pete,I tried that once. The problem was that FLED still looked for the old code. I suppose that this isn't a serious problem, but I don't like anomalies. I want FLED to see Hamilton AFB as "srf", not "afb".Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png