Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

Hear no evil, see no evil...

Guest effyouthree

Dear All,My main email isn't working properly at the moment. I am not receiving a lot of mail at all. We don't know where it goes but it doesn't 'bounce', it just doesn't get there (here). Something to do with our quarantine systems I guess :-rollAnyway, I'll be on holidays for the next week so either post it here or use the old Hotmail address ;)You can tell I'm going on holidays. A whole month without a drop of rain and I drove to the office this morning with wipers AND lights on!:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest Ansgar

Dear Jon,ohhh then we could not reach each other for two weeks.I

Dear Jon, and everybody in this forum!I have seen a history for this sim both on avsim and the PC pilot magazine of the UK.market.For some time ago, I installed the fs2004 on my HD-C: to see it all._!!I downloaded all what where available as freeware for this sim.Both sivilian and military addons, and a lot of airports upgrading.-Panels and sounds.This huge ammounts of addons is all in all great, but when it all comes to a complete flight experience from A to B it seems still to have a bad taste of FS98.This means that the MS.flightsim is still using a lot of the old codes for MS98.This again leaves the FU series to a winner in the behavior of a flight!!The FU flight experience for both GA and Seaplanes is still ahead of any of this new DX9 software as I can see.The FU-sim is still locked into DX.7.0 from 1999, but thanks to theGreat community of this sites, the LG Closedown has not stopped the addons.My only wish is that some serious developer could take advantage of this huge work,- make it available for DX9.0 ++, and continue thisgreat Tecknology from 1995-97.A new sim like that will cost some million Dollars.- I know!!Any Takers for FU4??Thanks to Avsim for holding up the addons for this sim.This is,-I know a little out of topics, but FU-series is my current interest of flightsims today.So Jon,- have nice holydays,and to everyone else on this forum.I hope to see a flight unlimited 4 done by someone.Looking glass studios is gone, but the tecnology is there,so it can be done.We have seen it already.Take care.Lars Peter. :-wave

Guest Quaxo

Hi Jon!I emailed you some days ago, maybe you didn't get it... I was asking you if/when you sent the CD's - as I still didn't receive them! It can take many weeks for mail to get here from Australia, but it's well over a month since the last time we talked, so I was wondering what happened... :)Cheers,Cristian

Guest effyouthree

I'm back :-waveThe new car went well in the mountains. I even laboured to the top of a loamy hill before realising I was still in 2WD :-roll Cristian,I have had problems with testing. After running the install OK and burning the discs, it wouldn't work on a fresh FU3 load. Worked OK on my existing one but after installing FU3 freshly onto the drive, it locks-up whenever ANY AI is used (i.e. slider off zero) :-( :-(I've spoken to Rob but he too has been away on holidays. What this means is that there are some requirements of the UKS install that rely on existing FU3 installation characteristics. Which ones, I have no idea.Now I have a new HD, I will get Rob to copy onto it one more time but this time, I will test it WITHOUT my existing c:progam filesflight3 folder in place. It appears that the UKS 'set' requires certain conditions to be met (folders etc) and, with Rob's help (I may have to borrow him from his family for a few days...), we'll get this sorted once and for all.Truthfully, I've been trying to avoid computers for a couple of weeks, although after consulting the owner's manual, I just realised I've spent the whole time dragging about 5 of them around the bush with me in the new car...You'll get more sense out of me in a few days :-wave Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"