Sign in to follow this  
Guest olympic2

Using FLED

Guest olympic2

Greetings all,I have two questions that someone may be able to help me on.(1) Why does FLED not place items where I put them? I decided to place a few NDBs and also an ILS at some of the outer region airports. I have no trouble putting a localizer on the runway, lining it up correctly, and placing inner, middle and outer beacons, and in FU3 they appear to work as they are supposed to do - except that they are all located up to a mile off the runway - usually on the left side. Does not seem to matter if I use an existing addon package or create a new airport and install there. (2) Is there a way to include atis, tower sounds to an addon airport?I have had a good look through the forum at posts about FLED, but have not found any reference to possible updates or patches for the editor.

1. I have never tried adding NDB or ILS beacons using FLED, so I can't answer this particular question.2. You can add ATIS, ground, and tower frequencies to an add-on airport using FLED. However, you will have to select from the list of sounds in the existing database (unless you know how to edit sound files within FU3). You need to start FLED, select the airport that you want to edit, and then highlight the blue airport icon by left clicking on it once. Then select OBJECT PROPERTIES from the OBJECTS menu. This reveals the FBO PROPERTIES window, where you can edit the various frequencies, and also assign sound groups to these frequencies. The list isn't exactly exhaustive, so finding a match to your airport name (assuming that it is a new airport) is unlikely. As an example, my Hamilton Air Force Base in the San Francisco scenery area has been given the call sign SAUSALITO. Well, it's close enough :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest olympic2

Thanks Chris,What I wanted to really do was to add some nav facilities on existing FU3 airports in the outer areas eg Moab. I have been able to do that and also place "objects" in the vicinity eg buildings, but while the items all appear in the right place in relation to the existing runway while in FLED, for some reason when saving the changes, they suddenly jump about 4.9 miles away from the field. This happens with all items placed on the field.For your comment on "sound files" I guess that is an area which is still to be opened for editing.In the "White Paper" there is reference to various ".scr" files which contain the script for building voice files. Still looking or does anyone know what tools are required to edit this type of file.

You have to choose the Seattle region, if you want to edit the outer region. When you choose the SF region you destroy all *.mod files in the folder outter/models and you have to restore them from the FU3 cdrom.B.Adamski

Guest R_Driscoll

I have used FLED to add nav (eg ILS) and have never had problems. I have never seen this 'jump' effect so don't know what might be causing it. Bogdan is correct though - you can only edit outer terrain from the Seattle region.I know that some people have already modified the sounds, especially Dave for the UKS region, so it can be done. Jouko knows quite a bit about this area, and Jon has not only modified the sounds for some planes but understands about frequency smapling rates etc. They may be able to help.RobD.

Guest olympic2

Thanks for that info.I was not aware of the need to edit in the Seattle region and this is obviously the problem. I had been in the SanFran region.Further info on the sound editing would be appreciated if anyone wishes to comment.Cheers all