Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

AI-package - the next generation!

Guest Ansgar

Hello Flight Unlimited III friends,together with Jon Points 3d-models and texture sets im a big step forward in developing the next AI-package, my newest high quality AI-upgrade for FU3. This is a really huge update and so you will have a lot of new HQ models in future!I didn

It all looks great, as usual! I noticed Ryanair and Lufthansa -- while these may represent a fun addition to the standard regions they would be "right on" for any European region. Agtim and Cristian, how are we doing? :-) Ansgar, how about American/Canadian liveries for these aircraft when the AI package is being used in the two standard regions? I might be able to supply some repaints if you supply the base textures.Also, Jon wanted the "Big Red" as an AI Baron. I'm slowly working on a "Big Red" update and I might make the AI livery as well.Hans Petter

Ansgar,An oustanding achievement. However, I would like to ask if one alteration is possible. Could you provide a Delta livery for the DC10, as opposed to Ryanair ? It seems to make more sense. Is this possible ? Also, has the fuselage of the 737 been stretched to DC10 proportions ?Do you have any ideas what liveries will be possible for the A320 ?To add the new AI planes to my update packs, I will need to know which parking spots to add for each plane. As an example, we currently use the F18P parking spot to see the F22D. Jokke will know what I am talking about, so perhaps you could have a word with him regarding this ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hi Hans,hello Chris,I try to answer your questions:@Hans:The reason why the DC10 actualy has the same liveries then the B737 is easy. She simply uses the same texture sets to save texture space for the A320 and others which may follow.By this trick I double the possible texture sets for both and only by this trick I could build the Paradox, Paradise etc. livery also for the AI B737.The problem in the AI-pack is that we sure can replace i.e. the Lufthansa and Ryan Air livery for the B737 and therewith DC-10. BUT if we later on also fix their ATC-sound sets we run in big problems if we mix them uncontrolled all over.I think we first should offer them as they are and then make addon packages to replace this textures together with all what is additionaly needed. This could be an special edition for UK-South and an other for US regions.The reason why I often try to use the old LG "fun texture sets" Paradox, Paradise, Phoenix, Excalibur etc. is, that we are limited in their total number in ATC.So we could not add all the liveries we like (or we have place for) because in FU3 they repeat itself for all airliners.If we ignore totaly the ATC problem we can build different texture sets for several models - but we can

OK, thanks for the clarification, Ansgar.I would prefer the Delta colour scheme instead of Ryanair. I am not a big fan of the Ryanair livery to be honest, so if this is possible (and everyone else agrees)........ :-)I agree regarding the stock liveries. The new ones look great (particularly LGA), and the sound files would not need to be changed. As for one or two extra colour schemes for the A320, I would suggest BA and Lufthansa. This would restrict the real world colour schemes to those that already exist (again reducing the number of modified sound files required), plus BA and Lufthansa really do operate the A320-200.I look forward to the "parking spot information" :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hmmm, the Ryan Air livery had an positive echo in the past for the B737. And it also is IMO a nice realistic one for the B737. I also didn

Ansgar,I just thought that the Delta colour scheme would be more realistic for the DC10. I am not sure if the airline ever had any of these planes (since they also operated the TriStar), but Ryanair do not have anything larger than a 737-800 ! Anyway, I will let you decide. You are the one doing the work :-)How is the AI Concorde progressing ? I assume that this will be in BA and Air France colours ? That would be nice as far as realism is concerned.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Every single upgrade you have made, Ansgar, has been of extraordinary quailty and this new upgrade is again totally amazing. Congratulations on yet another breakthrough in realism. I still enjoy FU3, despite the frustrations with UK-South and the distraction of my favourite son wanting to go adventuring through Baldur's gate (he loves showing me my ignorance of how to fight battles - "why didn't you simply do this .... that ... move mage here ...". This is all too hard for my old brain). I hope to download this new AI and test it with UK as soon as possible (I don't have Seattle/San Fran installed just at present).Congratulations to Jokke, also, and to what you have achieved in working out the mysteries of scripts and codes! I couldn't imagine going back to the default AI now - every plane looked like an F117 - angular and unbelievable.With the scenery-intensive packages, heavy AI, glidernut's weather files, high res scenery etc, and only a 500 MHz machine to run it on, could someone let me know which button I push to double framerates? ;) RobD.

Hi Ansgar,Very happy to see this beautifull results, congrats, will be glad to download it as soon as they are available. Thanks a lot. :-wave agtim

Guest effyouthree

Ansgar,Great to see we're nearly there!I can't wait to clean up my current mess. Ansgar will know what I mean - my AI is currently littered with half-finished, half-textured models of various forms. One of my trainers is actually a flock of Canada geese - no, it doesn't sound quite right...And the textures on all the old AIs are all mixed-up *:-*PS Did you want updates for the AI descriptions for the DHC-6/Dash-8? I know you did some for other planes but my German is much worse than your English. :-wavePPS All, the shots don't do justice to the new planes. Wait until you see them for real, especially with props and extending flaps. Likewise, at night, be prepared for a lightshow as the landing lights turn on when the gear and flaps drop ;) And we have our resident 'Mega Nerves Array'** to thank for getting all this done ( I only did 2 new planes and some liveries :-roll ).** An anagram of Ansgar's name :-lolRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest Ansgar

Hello together, here are my answers@ChrisI can check if an DC10 also fly with Delta livery. May be we also need an other one for it?The Concorde is the next I will finish for the AI package. As you know I build it first in BA livery. Since we only have one AI-model to replace (actualy) I think we start first with the BA.To build then later an second one with AirFrance livery is possible, but then we need to replace an other bird. I.e. the Blackbird is an very similar plane.But this we should decide later...let me first finish it.@R.DriscollThank you very much for the very warm words Robert! I hope the UK-South is not in a critical state? I love it really and only have actualy no time to check paralell everything what happens there.I really would like to have an single DVD with the whole stable thing on it. And that should be the goal for you and the team. It sure is worth all the work because I love all your nice, active and detailed airports very much!Last but NOT LEAST I do my AI pack also for that scenery.@AgtimHi Andre, wait until you

FU3 AIModel.dat Viewer/EditorThis little tool will help to manipulate and understand aimodel.dat.After analyzing the perl script aimodel.pl and some debug run it was possible to define how data are stored there.This first beta version can't write back the file, it's just to view the actual data of your file. the final version will be uploaded at avsim with save button enabled and edit dialog finished. AI developer check it out please, and report problems, thankshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86112.jpg :-wave agtim

Guest Ansgar

Hello Andre,just we think about new tools ... and voila Andre has them "ready to test..." ;-) :-)Thank you very much for this AIMODEL.DAT editor Andre. I have already a pearl compiler, but as soon as possible I test your tool. A propblem at the write-option in future could be to add this links LG uses for models which simply uses all, or most parameters of others or? We will see...I post here my first impressions after I tested it a bit around.Best regards :-)Ansgar

Guest CaptRolo

HI All And Thanks for the work that is still pouring into this great sim . I will look foward to the new mods . CaptRolo

Guest effyouthree

Andre,:-jumpyHow do you do it?If I knew half as much, I'd know twice as much etc...:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"