Sign in to follow this  
Guest rosaenrico

FU3 user still with out-of-yhe-box (+patch) version needs advices

Guest rosaenrico

Hello,I fly FU3 since it came out, and still finding it very beautiful.I discovered this forum only today, with other enthusiaastic people of FU3. Moreover, having a quick review at (only) the recent posts, it seems that add-on for this great sim have been developed in these years, and I didn't know anything! Only thing I have d/l is the patch some years ago.So it should be clear that this novice (me) needs a briefing about what is available to expand FU3 (aircrafts? AI? ATC? Scenery?) and possibly where to find it.Thank youEnrico

Others will chime in here soon :-) For a start, browse through the Flight Unlimited section of the Avsim Library. While scenery objects will require that you know how to use FLED you'll get instant gratification from any of the new aircraft.Hans Petter

Hello Enrico.Welcome into the forum!A lot of addons is made since the release of fu3,- that means big addons not expected by anyone when LG. studios closed down.As Hans Petter says take a look into the FU3 library to see, and browse also into the threads of the forum to see discussions for other work.It is a lot of new topics there, and you will be amased by those clever masters of the Flight unlimited series using hour and hours making freeware addons.They should be framed and put on the public wall of fame.Take care.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest rosaenrico

Thanks Hans and Lars,I've already d/l some planes (all of them really appreciated), and very interested in seeing new sceneries. Regarding this, in UK add-on airports is often mentioned "UK-Scenery", but I can't find it in the archive. Is it a pay add-on?Many thanksenrico

Guest effyouthree

Enrico,Welcome to the Avsim FU3 forum. I'm glad to hear from another FU3 user. I think there's more of us now than ever :-rollFor UK, you will need to email Quaxo (Cristian) for info. I have been doing some preliminary work there but am currently having issues with my install :-( When I had it working, it was a pure joy. Please don't be put off by what I say - there is nothing 'wrong' with it. The problem is that I am a fiddler (developer) and can't stick to one thing! I was working on the new AI upgrade for Ansgar (adding some new planes and liveries) and somehow totally stuffed my UKS install :-( :-(. It only works now if AI is switched off! It will be fixed very soon though.Please tell us a bit about yourself as I noticed your profile was almost blank! From what you say, I assume you fell for the immersive beauty of FU3, like we all did. Only then do you discovery that this thing FLIES! It doesn't just travel from one point to another but takes you there.Again, welcome to our happy throng :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"