Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightdfx

FSS Verison 0.8 is now available

Guest flightdfx

Hi All, v0.8 of Flight Support System is now available. It

Hello Dex.Thank you for giving this community this fine service.Sure it has been a long time since the last release, and I was afraid you had given up doing this stuff for Fu3.With this new version, more new interesting flights can be made once more.Thanks again.Lars Peter.:-wave

Hello again.My computer is struggeling to start this version.Error making soundfolder comes up, but continues to load as normal.After refueling the aircraft and selecting flight from the meny,another error comes up.System reporting scripterror in I.E.line 111.Cannot locatefile://C:ProgramfilerFlight3REGIONSSEATTLEchalngesfssclientmain.htmThen the program stops, and I can not go further from there.Just back to the fuelpumps or out of the game.Fu3 is installed as normal on drive c: and I have Win. mediaplayer ver.9.0I.E. ver.6.0Any hints??Lars Peter.:-zhelp

Guest flightdfx

Hi Lar,When you start up FSS, does is properly switch to full screen mode?Dex DF/x

Hello.Yes. loading up the program with the movie is normal and in full screen.also the screens in the pilotlounge and fuelstation is ok.I tried to take a look at the "main htm"file in the client folder,and then windows again reported possible damage of this file.I then tried to reinstall it from scratch, but same thing happend.So starting FU3 from the flightmeny is not working on my computer.If I start FU3 manually, I can go the challanges menu and start fss-flights from there, but then everything else of flightplanning is missing from the beginning.I have not found any errors in windows itself.Win. 98.SE.Maybe I have to take a deep look into I.E. settings.Every time I select "accept" from the flightmenu I get a failure box.See screenshot.Any others who have tried this yet??Lars Peter.

Guest flightdfx

Hey Lars,We're still looking into your problem. It might have something to do with the Windows scripting host in Win98. that version is 1.0FSS is built on 5.6.No need to change your version just yet though. We're trrying to come up with a work-around.Dex DF/x

Guest effyouthree

"Departing with 101 fishes" :-lol :-lol :-lolSorry, I couldn't let that one go! BTW, the multiple of 'fish' IS 'fish'. One fish, 2 fish, 153 fish... Seriously now, I'll try loading it tonight. I never loaded the previous version but I have a 'previous-previous' version that I used a couple of times. I must admit that I never made a buck ;)As to Lars' problem, I too run Win98SE so we'll see. I must admit that I've had a few problems with add-ons if installed into anything but the original FU3 install position. It seems that some items within FU3 DO reference the registry, but how or what? Certainly, my UKS stopped working when I removed my registry references :-(And thanks again, Dexter. We really do appreciate your work, even if (secretly) none of us are good enough fliers to succeed in making money :-lol:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest flightdfx

"Fishes"; That's what I get for automating everything. :-lol :-lol :-lolDex DF/x

I would also like to thank you for this terrific addon! I pretty much killed an entire day on it :) After many an hour on this, and reading the manual, I have a few questions and comments: 1) What exactly is considered for the engine wear and tear? I know the readme says quick throttle movements, but do manifold, rpm and mixture play a part? It seemed on some missions I used the throttle a lot and got a big hit on my engine wear and tear, and on other missions, I did the same throttle movements and saw very little wear and tear on the engine. It looks to me like manifold pressure might be an issue, since I kept manifold down to 20 on my last few missions and experienced very little engine wear regardless of throttle movments. One more thing about the quick throttle movements. I think the pilot gets penalized when crossing the threshold on landing and bringing the throttle back to idle. I noticed on a couple of my long runway landings, where I came in fast, I noticed a high amount of engine wear where I brought the throttle back quickly before touching down... I would think the quick throttle movement penalty, should apply mostly on increasing the throttle more than decreasing it. 2) On the subject of repairs, Is Seatac the only airport that has landing gear and engine repair? I noticed BFI and all of the larger airports only had battery repair. 3) Payoffs for the jobs: Do tigers give a special bonus in pay? It seems I make a LOT more transporting tigers than passengers or fish. 4) I too am having a problem getting any of the sound to work. I don't hear any of the cargo sounds or the intro movie sound. The one thing I think might be causing a problem are my Internet Explorer security settings (unless these having nothing to do with FSS 0.8 which looks to me like a web based program...). I am running Win XP Pro btw. 5) Just to give you a heads up. The 250 kts rule under 10000 feet is for Indicated airspeed and not for Groundspeed. I was a bit surprised when my Piper Arrow busted 250 >:) 6) This is a small issue, but I noticed when I start my takeoff run, I get a 20kt taxi speed penalty. Sorry if this was a bit lengthy, I just wanted to post these while they were still fresh in my mind :) Robert Williamson

Guest flightdfx

Hi Robert,Thanks for the detailed description of some of the issues with FSS 0.8. The wear

Guest flightdfx

Hey Lars,Did you ever get FSS v.08 to work?If not, maybe you can give us more detail about the problem so we can have a better chance of resolving it.Dex "DF/x"

Dex.No I never got this version to run under win.98SE.After starting it, refueling the plane,select flight It always stopswhen hitting the "accept" button.(As shown in my earlier screenshot).I have all windows updates from MS. installed- even the english language support:-hah in case this has something to do with the basic "in-out language" on the computer.Windows scripting host is as you pointed out ver.1.0.The scipt error page comes up with this message:Line 111.Sign 5.Error system cannot locate the requered file.Code 0.URL file//C:programfilerflight3regionsseattlechalngesfssclientmain.htmThe dialogbox will not let me continue loading script.For the moment I am out of more ideas to solve it, and the load of fishes has to remain at Olympia airport:-lol Lars Peter.:-wave

I just tried this add-in and I seem to have problems too. I have a standard US Win 2000 and IE 6.0 is installed.The first thing that happened was that my Norton Internet Security wanted to block the entire show. I granted access to whatever the program wanted to do a few times and ended up at Olympia. I could enter a lounge, watch a Piper ready for fueling or look at three equipment items that might be added to my airplane. The plane never seemed to take any fuel and I didn't find a way to select or accept an assignment.I'll look into this again but the firewall may be the reason for problems. I don't quite know what the problem is but I guess that Norton may balk at a program that's designed to join and access applications from deep within the OS. If so, internet security may be a reason why the program hangs.Hans Petter

Norton Internet Security was too damn nosy for my liking. I tried the 2004 demo, but I uninstalled it because it was messing around with everything.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Richard Portier

Hello,In first thank you for this addon. I have some problem with FSS :FSS seems not in full screen after load, it's on the right of the monitor and the taskbar is visible. The differents options work excepted to accept a flight.Error message :ligne 111CAR : 5Erreur le fichier sp