Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Moderator missing in action.

Guest twsimfan

I haven't been around much lately guys. Sorry for that. My mother is very ill and that has been consuming much of my thought and time. This coming Friday (Aug 13th... yes... Friday the 13th... :-eek) I will make my annual trip to Tacoma and Bob will assume the "left seat" on this forum so you guys had better behave... he... as you know... has an iron fist! ;) I only wish that the trip could be made under better circumstances. Most of my time there will undoubtedly be consumed with tending to my mom's needs. I'm not complaining... that is what sons are for and I wish I could be there for her more often. Bob FlyBert Stiles sets the standards in that department. :)I have hoped to make a side trip to Orcas Island on this trip and of course also go again to the Museum of Flight to see their Concorde. Those side trips and others will happen only if mom's needs permit.

Guest Robert_S

Iron fist? ME? ;-)Anybody got any Rust-Oleum handy? :-lol[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest effyouthree

Tom,I was wondering where you got to! Sorry to hear about your Mom. From what you told me last time, I understand that this isn't a good situation. At least you can be there to help. Not every son would do that.Best of luck with the trip and I hope you get some time to do some things for yourselves!PS Please pass my best wishes to your better half :-wavePPS Don't worry, we'll keep Bob on his toes :-lolRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Tom,I got to see G-BOAC on Saturday, July 31 (my birthday). This is located in the Aviation Viewing Park at Manchester Airport. I took some film footage with my digital camcorder. If I could learn how to transfer this to my PC, then I would upload this (and some other footage of planes taking off and landing at the airport).Sorry to hear about your mother :-(Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

Hi Tom, don't worry too much about the date: just bear in mind that, in the Latin tradition, bad-luck days are NOT Friday 13ths but Tuesday 13ths, so you're pretty safe for milions.Seriously, I wish you a good journey and the best for your mom, you and the rest of your family.Regards,

Guest Motormouse

Don't fret Tom, I think we'll be ok.Be sure to take your mom some good wishes from all of us too.:-wavePete

Yes, flight simulation isn't exactly what life is all about. My best wishes for you and your family. Regarding the forum I promise you that we'll behave :-)Hans Petter

Guest CaptRolo

Sorry to hear that ypur mom isn't feeling well . YES by all means take care of her ,we only get one mom . I was planning to vacation in Seattle this year but looks like will have to reschedule for next year when I can meet both my sons . takes a lot of planning . Ones in Denver and the other in LA. I also want to try to charter/fly a Beaver while there.Have a good trip!!CaptRolo

Guest R_Driscoll

Hope your trip goes well Tom, and you get some chane to relax as well as care for family! But I don't promise to behave.Why should I change now?RobD.

Guest Robert_S

With heavy heart I must pass on some sad news. Tom Wunder's mother suddenly died this afternoon. ;(He will be leaving for Tacoma immediately, with his return here an unknown for now. If anyone needs anything regarding this forum, please feel free to contact me.My thoughts and prayers are with Tom and his mother.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Staggerwing

Tom,So very sorry to hear the news.Please know many people feel your pain and wish the best for you at this time.Our community here at Avsim will be waiting for your return while we send our support.

Guest effyouthree

Tom,I'm sorry to hear about your Mother's passing. No matter how much we know what's coming, it's always a shock to hear the news. At least she's not suffering now. I'm sure you'll do a mighty fine job with everything you have on your plate. Look forward to your return. I'll keep you posted on Denver too. Take care :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest Robert_S

Jon,Unless he gets access to a public computer in Tacoma, I doubt he'll be seeing any posts here, nor read his e-mail for at least a couple of weeks, if not more. However, he tends to keep in touch with me via his cell phone during his road trips (I'm expecting a call Saturday or Sunday), so feel free to contact me by e-mail if there's anything you wish to say to him. I can relay any response from him to you via e-mail also, or if that fails, here in the forum.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Frank Betts

Really sorry to hear about that Tom. My Mom and Dad passed away awhile back and it really is tough to the system. Prayers are with your family.Frank.