Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

Check this out!!

Hi all!I tried posting this in the PSS forum but the "filter" didn't let it through. What a shame, I was hoping to read some serious comments about this from the Phoenix side.Anyways, check out this link, there's some very interesting information there regarding the Airbus FBW and how PSS has (or hasn't) supposedly implemented it in their Bus package:http://www.apollosoftware.com/products/Fly...ire_english.pdfAnd I'd like to emphasize that this is NOT intended as a flame or a complaint or whatever, I'm just interested to know if it's true what they claim there, period.br,Tero

PPL(A)

So, "In theory" Apollo has implemented FBW better than PSS. Maybe when they release the aircraft it can be tested and verified, but until then, I'll keep trying to learn how to fly my PSS A320. All the claims in the world do not mean much of anything until the product see's the light of day. Even if Apollo's claims are true, I wonder if , honestly, their Airbus aircraft/panel/sound/fde package will be better than PSS's. Time will tell I gues, but, after recently "seeing the light" and coughing up good money for the PSS Airbus and some liveries, I have to admit that it will take quite an impressive product to make me drop the PSS bird for another.Just my 2 cents worth,MikeKOCF

Well it certainly says a lot about their confidence in their product, that's for sure.I certainly won't be the first one to buy it, but I will definitely be listening to what the first few who buy it have to say about it.I know Apollo's been workin on this thing for the past 2 years, so they've spent a lot of time on it.Doesn't sound like it will be priced as cheaply as PSS though.We'll just have to wait and see.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest UweR

Hi, maybe the "filter" needs a little extra time :-) Seriously, the forum is moderated by real people who need to work once in a while...If the implementation of the FBW systems and flight envelope protection is a good as the graphics suggest, it will be a true improvement of today

Apollo ? Who are they ? Never heard of them.FlyByWire - all fine with me. But it will be no good to perfect the flybywire and have flight director not working at the same time (ala PSS). So I hope the product is uniformly consistent in all areas.Michael J.

Guys,I'm not sure if you understood the "message" in my message.I do not own the PSS Bus (yet), but I'd like to know if its FBW system really is so "crappy" that Apollo suggests. I don't give a flying F how much Apollo's implementation then costs and/or what kind of a plane/panel it eventually is, but such allegations about PSS Bus makes me wonder if the plane is worth the buck or should I really wait for someone else to release a working simulation of Airbus and FBW technology. Let me put it this way: I don't like wasting money on no good products just because Avsim has awarded it a lot of stars and lots of people seem to be buying it. It's the end-user opinion that counts and up until this day I've seen pretty "various" opinions abt. the PSS product. If even the FBW is not done correctly, I'm not sure if I'd like to "join the crowd".br,Tero

PPL(A)

I understand your message. There were many much more basic bugs in the PSS A320 after its release which I have no idea if they got fixed although PSS stated they would be fixing them. But I doubt they will ever reach the level of fidelity described in this document.So if you are waiting for this perfect Airbus the PSS product may not be the one for you.I am personally curious what Eurowings team will come up with - they are working on A319.Michael J.

Michael,Thanks for your reply.I'm also interested in the Eurowings Bus. Will it have a panel as well?br,Tero

PPL(A)

Yes, its own panel.If you go to their website you can already see parts of it.Michael J.

I finally took the plunge with the PSS A320, and can honestly say that the aforementioned problems seem to have been ironed out. I'm not a big payware fan, but do really like this product.MikeKOCF

Guest Pabra

One thing's for sure, Apollo has been around since fs4 or fs5, creating scenery, aircraft (boeing family, airbus family etc.) design program tools, tower etc, they could be concidered to have a decent bit of knowhow from years of experience. Their products were always very professionally delivered with lots of documentation added.If memory serves me well, they started out as BAO, I'm sure older simmers remember wat these initials stand for!Any Apollo product is worth concidering imo.My 2 eurocents

professionally delivered ...Michael J.

My $.031. I wrote an e-mail to Apollo a few days ago and asked specifically what they were selling? Wanted to know if this was an addon, something like PS1.3, what? Never received an answer.2. You are really missing out by not trying out the PSS Airbus .. honestly, PSS have stepped up like usual, done a fine job, owned the problems and have fixed most everything they could duplicate, debug and revise. 3. If I had the time and patience, I too (and you all also) could come up with with pretty charts and graphs ... exceedingly simple with Excel or Lotus 123 ... what are we comparing here ladies and gentlemen .. programming algorithms ... yikes ... PSS is flyable and according to the Airbus pilots who frequent the PSS site ... is pretty accurate within the bounds of MSFS ... not a 6 million $$$ simulator but a pretty good airbus experience.Right now the Apollo stuff is vapor ware ... very easy to compare something to "nothing" and say you are wonderful and the other guy sucks. Like Ernie A (thanks for FSBUILD) says .. thie will tell.Cheers and regards to all,Paul BenoitKBOS