Sign in to follow this  
dubravko

FU3 problem --> no traffic at RNT

Another problem that I have with FU3. I don't have any traffic at Renton Municipal airport at Seattle region except an Cessna that is parked at south ramp and some Beavers at north ramp. I've opened airport with FLED and saw that there are plenty o parking spots for 737 and 757 airplanes (Boeing is building them at RNT as far as I know) but they never land or takeoff. I've tried to specific an ILS frequency for RWY 33 and placing a localizer beacon but it didn't help. Also it's alowed for all airplanes to use any of RWYs for landing or takeoff because I unchecked all boxes at RWY properties window. Thanks for answering to my problem.Dubravko Stjepan Sikac

Dubravko,This is something that I noticed a while ago, and I too couldn't get any airliners to operate from here. However, I finally discovered a solution.I SWITCHED THE ACTIVE RUNWAY.The planes at my version of Renton Municipal are now using runway 15, and this has allowed the airliners to appear. This upgraded version of Renton Municipal will be included in the stuff that I send via e-mail.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes.As chris suggested. the way to go is using "fled"Have in mind that this flightsim was rushed to go for the release,and this is to find on several functions used in fu2, and missing for fu3.That is very sad, but if you are a creative soul, you can always make your own airport using "fled", making new paking spots,-new aircrafts.It is some hours of work, but when finished with your aprovement, we will all want it in the FU3 library. Take care.Lars Peter.

I live in Renton and a former Boeing employee. The only large airplanes here are the 737's and 757's that are assembled at the Renton Plant.They take off and once airborne they don't return.Other than that there is only general aviation air traffic in and out of KRNT. The only approaches are NDB (353) GPS and RNAV. Regards, Bill Davis