Sign in to follow this  
Guest musikai

Old times

Thanks for that. I have never seen that article before. It was nice to see Dan Porges using the analogue version of the CH Flightstick Pro. I currently use the USB version, and it's a wonderful joystick.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Good to see people that created souch a great aviation sim.By the way, what do you think how much money did those people earn with this sim?How come they are not visiting this forum or creating new stuff (airplanes, scenery, models) for FU3? Was FU3 not very profitabile?I've heard rumour that there was FU4 idea with Boston scenery and Boston's General Logan Int. airfield as primary airport in this new region. What happened to this?...Dubravko...

Dubravko,They were considering Boston for FU3, but they eventually chose Seattle. Perhaps Boston was being considered for FU4 ? I do know that Hawaii was one area that they were looking at, since they answered an e-mail of mine about that :-)Unfortunately, Looking Glass Studios closed down in 2000, and FU3 was never given the chance that it deserved to sell very well. That is something that I would love to correct, but we first need to secure a budget release. This stupid legal dispute is childish, and it's about time that EA made a decision regarding the source code. They either want it or they don't. There are some of us here who have done far more to promote FU3 than EA have ever done. If they aren't interested, then they should release the source code. Perhaps then we could all start dreaming about FU4. I personally haven't stopped dreaming.....and I never will.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,I think that FU3 is the best aviation sim ever made and when it was realesed it was the best on the market. At that point it pushed MS Flight Simulator way back. Maybe this is one of the reasons why it's not on the market anymore and another reason why they won't made FU4.FU series are/were the biggest competition to MS Flight Simulator. Maybe that is the reason why Electronic Arts keep code for themselves. I also think that here on this forum you could find lots of creative souls who could use that code to create the best aviation sim ever.By the way Chris, have you sent me those airports that you promised???If it's hard for you to send me the whole package (if it's to big) you don't have to. Right now I only want to fix my problems with small/medium uncontrolled airports and no traffic problem at RNT.Cheers...

Dubravko,I was waiting for someone to send me that model of the Toyota truck that I have referred to in another post. However, since this will not affect your enjoyment of the airports that you want to fix, I will e-mail the main pack now, and then send the truck model when I have it.You really must find a copy of Flight Unlimited 2, although the San Francisco scenery needs to be installed at the same time as FU3 itself. That would require a reinstall, but I promise you that it would be worth it. Personally, I prefer the San Francisco region.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>FU series are/were the biggest competition to MS Flight>Simulator. Maybe that is the reason why Electronic Arts keep>code for themselves. I also think that here on this forum you>could find lots of creative souls who could use that code to>create the best aviation sim ever.>IMO................. FLY was a more serious competitor to MSFS than FU3. FUIII was an entertaining sim, but much too limited in area to be any real competition. And as to "code", it's been far surpassed these days. L.Adamson

I've recived your e-mail Chris. Thanks for packages. I haven't tried them yet but I'm sure they are great. To L.Adamson:I think that there is many good sims that are/were good competition to MSFS and FLY is among them but I like FU3 more than FLY (what can you say, someone likes FU3, someone FLY and someone MSFS). Also I think that FU series had much better scenery at the time they were relesed than other sims and that scenery is still very good now. Also you got the point when you mentioned limited area. This is one big minus for FU3 but maybe even bigger plus at that time for FU3 was lots of details in the area and great scenery. Who knows?By the way, first time I heared someone tell that code of FU was "far surpassed these days" because I haven't seen it and it seems that the others at this forum haven't seen it too.Regards... Dubravko