Sign in to follow this  
Chesney

FLED and ILS how do I set it up?

Hi all,Work continuing sloooowly on Chivenor.Have started putting buildings on the airfield and some taxiway lines so it is beginning to look much better. Incidentally, Agtim's FLEDViewer is great! I managed to do something wrong and lost a building, FLED locked on it and the only way out was to delete the building's bin file. If I then put it back, FLED threw a wobbly. FLEDViewer enabled me to delete the reference from the mod file - no more problems!So, for a change, I thought I would set up the ILS which Chivenor has in real life. I have given runway 28 an ILS frequency of 108.10 (and ticked the ILS box) and given Chivenor FBO the frequencies for Approach, Ground and Tower (all the same in real life, but FLED won't allow that). Now when I set up for a landing in the Beechjet, although the comms set themselves up to the right frequencies automatically, the ILS system is not working. (Tried Gatwick fora crosscheck, and it worked fine).Should I be doing something else?On another subject, how do you get new sound groups into FU3? I would like to get the radio op to use "Chivenor", "Chivenor approach" etc.Can anyone help?ChesThere is nothing more useless than runway behind you, height above you or fuel in the bowser!

Hello Ches.Using "fled" can be difficult at times.The best instructions for this I have found at this link.http://www.geocities.com/in_04/This is a very good description for the addon By LG. and Markus.Using frequences outside the default area made for FU3 can be tricky.Not all are compatible with the sim,-that means no files in use for new frequences or sounds.You just have to try it out and see what happends, and what effect this will do on your sim.Both ILS and other setups is very good described by "Markus" at this sites.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest R_Driscoll

Have you added the beacons - the localiser, outer marker, glideslope indicator? This is under the EDIT option in FLED.Looking forward to Chivenor!RobD.

Hi!Please don't expect to see a finished Chivenor soon - I'm still very much on the learning curve. First I have had to learn how to dry out solid ground that I kept sinking into. Then I had to adjust terrain heights (the ground at Chivenor sloped over 100ft from one end to the other. Using the yellow airfield colour could not cope with that). Then I had to learn how to make runways (thanks Rob for your notes), then buildings, add an ILS, which is now working, although I still cannot call up for vectors ILS (for some reason I get a message in German (Swiss?)). My next aim is to take pictures to make gif/mips to make buildings more lifelike, then make lots more buildings, more hard standing etc.I haven't started on understanding taxy routes, nodes of various types etc. and I am going on holiday soon. Never mind, it's great fun. Especially when you fly in and see the results.Where can I find out how to get new sounds into FU3?Ches

Robert,Can you let me know how to add stuff like that ? I would like to include this in the next version of Hamilton Air Force Base.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

There is no problem with editing ILS enywhere, but you HAVE TO CHOOSE the Seattle region to edit outer terrain.You may add ( and delete after practice ) somwhere in the Seattle the ILS, then do it in the ot.B.Adamski