Sign in to follow this  

Hello Project freeware???

I know there is some demand for this stuff as we are all thirsty for new additions and old favorites. The site has been up for several days now and shows no signs of life when I attempt access. It seems there is an obvious problem with server bandwitdh at this time. Is the situation going to change anytime soon? Or is it just too early yet to try and get anything?? Its no big deal to me, but I would bet you are alienating a good amount of folks with this problem as it is quite frustrating to say the least. Just making a suggestion that maybe the people responsible for the site could communicate a bit better about the problems in some other more accesible forums as its impossible to access the one on site. I'll patiently wait my turn I guess but I am confident there are some really frustrated net surfers out there about now and are gonna make a racket of bad publicity for the site, and thats not a good thing.Hornit, concerned simmer

Guest Edam

>I know there is some demand for this stuff as we are all >thirsty for new additions and old favorites.That pretty much answers your question.>Its no big deal to me, but I would bet you are alienating a >good amount of folks with this problem as it is quite >frustrating to say the least.Apparently it *is* a big deal to you. I haven't been able to get there either, but as you said, there is a demand. Personally, I'm willing to wait until the demand dies down a bit, and I am not be "alienated" by it. It is after all, *freeware*, and it doesn't cost any of us a dime to wait until it is more accessable.>Just making a suggestion that >maybe the people responsible for the site could communicate >a bit better about the problems in some other more accesible >forums as its impossible to access the one on site.They have already stated that the demand is more than they can handle at the moment. So be it.>I'll patiently wait my turn I guess but I am confident >there are some really frustrated net surfers out there about >now and are gonna make a racket of bad publicity for the >site, and thats not a good thing. You don't seem to me to be "patiently waiting" by posting this message. As for "bad publicity," I don't think so. Once again, what they offer is FREE, and it's posts like yours that perhaps make some of the excellent freeware authors out there "frustrated," as we've seen recently, and I don't blame them.

Well, I think your reading a bit too much into my post. I AM waiting patiently, and personally had not seen anything from the PF guys about this yet. My mistake I guess, I was honestly just making what I thought a valid suggestion as a few strategically placed and timed words of info go a long way to making us all happy. It appeared to me there is frustration about this. I won't apologize for my post and I think you need to read it for what it is, just a basic suggestion to help some already frustrated and unhappy folks about it. Oh and I don't just mean on this particular forum either. If you are construing my words to be some form of attack or whine then your a bit off the path as I don't see it that way. I didn't intend to stir anyone's ire about it, and thats the last I'll say on this. Freeware authors who can't take a bit of constructive criticism are few and far between. I have donated a sizable chunk of my time to "other" simulations and IMHO criticism done in a professional and adult manner is a good thing for us all. Feedback is important to a good product. I assure you I appreciate every piece of freeware I have ever used and I usually applaud the authors when its due and I'll continue to do so. I will also continue to view my opinions in a professional and adult manner in efforts to help us all get more enjoyment out of this hobby.Have a nice day!Hornit

Guest Tim13

It's getting so that you can't even voice an opinion around here without getting hammered for it. :-erks :(

There may very well be volumes there but I could not access it is all I said in the above post. "Just making a suggestion that maybe the people responsible for the site could communicate a bit better about the problems in some other more accesible forums as its impossible to access the one on site."These are my quotes from the above post. I had not seen much of anything about it on this or some other flight sim related forums. hornit

Take a deep breath...its OK...you will have plenty of time to download many planes that you will never have time to fly...or maybe just enough time to oogle from the SPOT plane view...!He he he he heTony