Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

To Jon Point

Guest Quaxo

Hello Jon,I've tried several times to contact you via email regarding the UK scenery, did you get my messages? I never had any reply, but I see you're active now in the forum... Could you answer here or drop me a line (I still have the old address)? CheersCristian

Cristian,He's too busy messing around with his new bird to worry about the rest of us :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Hm, Chris, yes I guess so... :) Well I can just hope that sooner or later he'll read my emails!Cristian

Jon has focused on some great birds in the past. I really like the Dash 8. I'm quite sure he'll post the specs of his latest bird soon, complete with some images :-)Hans Petter

Guest effyouthree

He He...THIS bird isn't intended for FU3 (although, if everything works out, you'll see her in something...)THIS bird won't be posted as freeware - or payware (heaven forbid).Besides, I'm not sure that Avsim would like people posting 'this' kind of photo ;):-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"Forecasting decisions are always better made with hindsight"

Guest effyouthree

OOOOOPS!Sorry Cristian, I still haven't answered your question :-rollHere's where I'm at- The UKS 'packaged release' didn't work properly, due to some corrupted files (my fault), so the discs I burned were useless. - I had another HD go west (it WAS 8 years old...), which took out my working copy (Rob's version) of UKS :-grr :-grr- I have another HD and will be swapping it with RobD in the next 7 days (if we arrange to meet up in town).- I have downloaded all of Rob's latest UKS stuff and I now have a version that is 98%!- I still have a problem with occasional lockups when panning around AND when AI is set above 50%- I have a couple of corrupted mapfiles which means my Bristol is in the ocean :-eek- Once I have a complete working version (but before I post anything), I am going to debug my existing version with file swapping, to work out which files cause which problem e.g. I thought many problems were due to corrupt map files but removing them entirely didn't change anything.- I will then try some configuration changes to (once and for all) try to determine exactly what is required for a successful UKS installation. We need to do this because some people's UKS doesn't work at all (or badly) and we don't really know why, seeing we all (should) have the same file set.I do aplogise for all this. My FU3 schedule has been impacted somewhat due to the following::-( My D drive died:-( The T6 is an utter &^%#$@* of a 3D model, due to the canopy, gear and gear doors (BSP.exe has real problems...).:-(I am extremely busy with design schedules, meaning I often have to take work home. After spending 3 hours in front of the PC working, I'd love to go flying but my head can't take it.:-( I really wanted to release the upgraded Dash-8 (due to pressures from the online community) but that has also taken a back seat for now.:-) My new Girl ALWAYS takes precedence, especially on weekends. I'm sure your Lady wouldn't want you playing with FU3 on a perfect day for an outing either ;) Just my luck the weather's getting warmer...Anyway, it might not seem like it but my 1st priority with FU3 is UKS, then your DH82. I'm going to leave the T6 for a couple of weeks, along with ALL other aircraft issues.Just gotta hook-up with Rob :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest VFR_Steve

I'm curious to know what AI enchancements are in the newer files? The version I have only has traffic at Heathrow (with no pattern traffic or any proper ATC service while enroute).. also has the map issue been fixed?

Guest R_Driscoll

No AI enhancements in this release. I have upgraded the models/packages only. Once there is an agreed working version someone could work on AI enhancements again but my priority is the models/packages. However from the initial package releases (maintained in this version) there is some AI at all airports, some created by me, most made ny Roland Wagener who did a terrific job, others by the authors of the various packages.RobD

Guest VFR_Steve

Cheers Rob, I believe we have met before ;) Glad you've finally got the ball rolling and got contact with Jon againSteve

Guest Quaxo

Hi Jon,Hey, nice to hear from you again! :)Well, too bad for your hard disk... when an HD breaks, it's always the one with the most important data isn't it? :)I have some news too - at last, my town got ADSL too. I already signed in for it, and it will probably be active by next week. So I should also be able to accept a direct (P2P) file transfer, or any kind of download, for big files too (I'm getting a "flat rate" service). So we could also avoid any CD exchange.Do you think we should wait to have everything working well, or should I release another update with all the new map tiles released so far, and make the "fixed release" later?Cheers,Cristian

Guest VFR_Steve

I personally would love to see another 'updated' release but if not fair enough, I'm just grateful I can fly around the UK in FU3! :9

Guest R_Driscoll

If you can get broadband, then yes, I should be able to post files on AVSIM or the FU3-UKS site. Already you have the latest UKS scenery release on AVSIM, and if you need Dave's files, they are already on Chris's ftp site, so a lot of things would be possible for you to test. I simplified the ATC for this last release, to try and remove this as a possible problem. If you can get a working version of UKS, then the UKS ATC should be upgraded, prefereably to model the real air control zones.RobD.