Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

the actual Status of my FU3 Concorde project

Guest Ansgar

Hello dear FU3 friends!as you know good things will need their time....Most time is gone away really quiet about it, last but not least because I was (and I am still!) really busy in my real job.But NOW I would like to present you the first optical impressions of my finished Concorde model! :-jumpyThe 3D-model with texturing is completely finished for the flyable version and has the BA livery first.Since the nose and gear is fully animated in the flyable version I only need to make a little modified version of it for the next AI-package update. Also I planed together with Chris Low to make a second livery in france outfit. So the AI-package will have two different concorde models in future. The second one will replace the original blackbird model.It

Awesome, Ansgar....and it will look even better with a bit of anti-aliasing applied ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest VFR_Steve

Woah .. a concord for FU3! Looks stunning :-eek Perhaps though this mighty beast maybe a bit too big for the small FU3 world?

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,That's a beautiful looking aircraft you've built there. I'm slightly concerned by the French registration though :-)Regards,Rich

Yes, I have just noticed that (F-BVFB). That will need to be amended fast ! How about G-BOAC ? This is the one that now sits at Manchester Airport (which I have seen up close) :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hi together,thanks to all above that you like it. Sure this bird is a bit too fast for our "little FU3 world". But don

A very good-looking aircraft Ansgar :-)Regarding the bay doors, I assume that they open and then close again when the gear (undercarriage) is down. If so, I think it would look better if they stay closed in the AI aircraft. Since the bay doors would show only when the gear is moving they shouldn't be left hanging out.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Perfect for using with Marcus' ATC Seattle-SanFran, or sightseeing the Grand Canyon. This is a real work of art Angsar! I love the underwing detail, and would be proud to fly one of these.PS: if you need a volunteer for testing short landings with the flyable version, I can help out.:D RobD.

Guest DLM

Wow! this looks really amazing! Good job Ansgar!Talking from my own experience, it will be a challange to make it do Mach 2 and not have it feel like a rocket. My guesses are of course that you will surprise us all in that area yet again ;)I can

Guest Ansgar

Hello Hans,yes that was exactly what I also would like prefer (bay doors closed when gear is down).Nevertheless I have now also a 3D version were they are open - this looks a bit more exciting. We will see....if I can solve the problems we have with planeunlimited we can animate this doors similar to the mustang.But until now I never managed to add this moving gear doors proper to an other plane then the mustang (i.e. only in my Dago Red they are working). Hi Robert,you sure fly this bird in nearer future. The flyable sure needs still some work, but a very early beta is easy to build. You are marked as interested beta-tester ;-)Hi Daniel,you are absolutely correct concerning the problems with the physics. I will see if there is a chance to tweak and trim this half way realistic.Also I didn

Guest effyouthree

Ansgar,Looks fantastic (but you knew that...) :-jumpyRegarding the gear doors, I'm having a devil of a time with the T6 in this regard. The doors hinge from a different spot than the gear but alas, it doesn't work. I tried putting 4 gear entries in the flight model too but nothing. With 4 gear entries and 4 axles, I can only get 2 to move :-grrMaybe this is a problem with the P51 resfile, like you had with Dago Red? I don't know what the original numbers were right now but I'm using 12,13,14,15 (0c,0d,0e,0f) and only 12&13 work...Anyway, great to see the Concorde in the air finally, and I look forward to flying to Los Angeles for breakfast, a bit of sight-seeing over The Canyon and back to Seattle for a meeting at 11!:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Talking of ground handling, I noticed that the 747 can be made to move forwards with around 26 or 27 per cent power. However, when I turn the plane, this has to be increased to around 40 per cent. This is a bit of a pain in the **** ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Dear Jon,may be you understand me wrong concerning the axles? I solved this problem in my DagoRed by comparing an unchanged physics export/import process.In detail I exported the physics, recompiled them unchanged with planeunlimited and reimported this physics file. After this normaly all should be the same as before - but far not!!There are several files changed and I separated one after another until I separated item 13+16 of Res-ID 2138 as source for the non moving gear doors. After I imported this from the LG original P51D the gear doors also worked with the strong modidifed physics of the DagoRed.So in conclusion there are some functions which are not correct implemented and supported by planeunlimited!This procedure we must repeat with new gear door axles and then I hope we get them working also....we will see if it is that "easy" ?! ;-) :-)In any way we only can make them work proper in the flyable concorde version. So for the AI version we only see them closed as stated above. You