Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

A couple of hours until chat time...

Guest phil

>...a piece of tumbleweed is blown past the empty hangars...What's that? A koan along the lines of "the sound of one hand clapping"?

Guest twsimfan

Sorry Hans... been pretty busy this week. I'll get you a copy within the next 12 to 16 hours... need some sleep badly at the moment.

Guest twsimfan

You ever seen a tumbleweed?

Only in the movies.I hope that you didn't think that I posted because I was impatient about waiting for the chat transcript. That is not what I was implying. It was the lack of activity in the FU3 forum itself that I was referring to.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Hans,Sorry it is taking me so long on the transcript. I have now found your e-mail address but I have to track down the file. I think I know where it is but life keeps getting in the way. I will get it to you but it might take another day or two. Sorry.

Guest twsimfan

Chris,Like I just told Hans it will be a day or 2 on the transcript... sorry.And as to tumbleweeds... my yard used to fill up with them every Spring when we first moved here... 19+ years ago... until they built a few more houses around here.

Guest effyouthree

Tom,Could you please email me a copy? Thanks.My apologies for being scarce recently. To overcome the sorrow and heartbreak of not being able to attend the Avsim conference, I took up a romantic interlude - :-violin That and spending my hols away, jamming with Joe Walsh, Ian Moss and Mal Eastick :-hah It don't get much better than that, eh?I also have my new HD and have been file-swapping with RobD to help sort out some issues with the lesser Brittanic region (UKS).Anyway, I'm definitely back now 'coz my romantic connection has gone home to the 'isles of the rain'. Why couldn't I find someone like her here? Love is weirder than flight sims... *:-*Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Great to have you back. It was very quiet while you were away, and apart from a few bits of tumbleweed past the hangars, not a lot happening. Except on the UK front where agtim seems to have made another breathtaking breakthrough. I tried some landscaping around LCA too, and after several hours succeeded in deforming the land very noticeably, with 5000 m mountains all over the place. I think I'll leave it the experts. Sorry to hear about the problems with the next glider! Let us know if you make any progress there. I use glidernut's cockpit a bit in a test glider - and it is quirky and unusual enough to be interesting - excellent little bits of detail in it. I saw a program on arcrash investigations of Ch 7 last night - I thought it was excellent. A pilot at 39,000 ft declares a fuel emergency some 130 miles from the nearest airport, then runs out of fuel because of a massive leak in one engine, and glides his powerless airbus to touch down, bursting 8 out of 12 tyres on landing, no flap control, no reversers, and a 400 ft cliff at the end of the runway. Nice. Especially for the 300 passengers.Sorry about all of the old British units (feet, miles etc). We're very primitive in Australia.RobD.