Sign in to follow this  
Guest bad landing

FU3 running with windows 2000

Guest bad landing

I can't run fu3 since i installed windows 2000. When i run the game the screen goes black and i can only shut down the game using the task manager. Could someone help me? Thanks.

Guest Ansgar

A little less background you give us here....In general:No incompatibility problem at all, FU3 runs fine with my Win2000! Other users also run it without problems at WinXP.So if you have a problem it must have to do with a wrong driver or an hardware problem with your graphics- or soundcard.First question is: have you installed the patch for Nvidia cards?Most problems appear with your description are based in this missing patch. There are different patches for different regions (german, us, uk)Second question is: have you had it running before at the same hardware/PC without problems and only changed the OS to Win2000?Then you should check if you can get an more compatible graphicsdriver for Win2000.Ansgar

Guest bad landing

The PC i use is an old Compaq presario Laptop. When i had the windows millenium installed i had no trouble running FU3 (With low resolution)My graphic card is a trident cyberblade and i installed the correct drivers for windows 2000. Did the same for the sound card that is a soundmax. Does the Nvidia card patch also applies to my graphic card? Are there any other patches that could influence the game operating in windows 2000?Much thanks for your help.Joao

Guest effyouthree

I run FU3 on a P4-2.6 under Win2K with an NvidiaFX5200.It works fine, even though I FORGOT to install the patch ;) I also run FU3 under Win98 (it's faster) with the patch (seems to only affect pre-GE4 Nvidia cards and other, non-Voodoo cards?). My old SIS video card also needed it, so run it anyway - it won't really hurt, and fixes a few things too.Try testing some other DX application, like another game (actually, try testing DirectX first). Hope this helps :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest bad landing

Thanks for the advice.I'll try that.Best regards.Joao

Guest bad landing

I finally found the problem in running FU3. It was one of the divx codecs that caused the game crashing. thanks for the help of everybody.have a nice flight.joao

Guest effyouthree

Joao,Yes, these DivX codecs seem to cause lots of problems :-grrEither you never have the right one - or the one that works causes problems with other software. Are you running DirectX v9? I believe it can solve a few codec problems. Just make sure you can get a DX9-compatible video driver first! When DX9 was released, Nvidia (for example) had to change their driver package structure to accomodate it, leaving some of us wondering why we'd bothered with DX9 at all. Anyway, good to know you're out there and up there... :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guess what ? I don't even have FU3 installed at all as I write these words. That's because I had a problem that required yet another reformat and reinstall...and I have decided not to install FU3 again until I really want to use it. Even if I do, it is possible that I will only be using the San Francisco region.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hans,I have just become bored with flight simulation. I would prefer to do something else at the moment, and that "something" is Grand Prix Legends and Tron 2.0 (which I haven't actually started playing yet). I would like to think that my enthusiasm will return over time, but that is by no means certain.Perhaps Ansgar's Concorde, and the release of the next version of the AI Pack (with all of those nice new planes) will encourage me to reinstall FU3. Perhaps I just need a break.Perhaps.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

What, there's another computer game out there? Two of them? I can't believe it.No one tells me anything. ;-)Times are changing. My wonderful Mazda 323 (the one that brought back Ansgar's 727 via Mt Baker after I landed it at Clare's Valley and ran into the fence, the one that I modelled for Seattle (although as a hatchback), that has driven my family around for 375 years (roughly) and has been a part of my family tradition for countless generations since I bought it in 1996), is getting a bit old. Just a bit. So I have bought a new car!!And guess what I bought?Yup, another Mazda 323.RobD.