Sign in to follow this  
agtim

UKS has hills now

Using SRTM data the UKS elevation becomes better and better :-)http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/ukhills2.jpghttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/ukhills3.jpghttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/ukhills4.jpgand from now there are heavy traffic also there without crash to desktophttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/IwasFirst.jpg... but I was first on this taxiway !by the way, want a real Mirage IIIRS for about 5000$ - but be aware on shipping costs !http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/mirage3rs.jpgLook here http://www.mirageliquidation.ch/Seite_Will...age_deutsch.htmEnglish page is under construction:-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, please, send me a mirage. I am happy to pay up to the first EU$35 of transport and shipping costs. Oh, and send me that terrain too. It is brilliant. I think that thanks to Chris, Seattle is pretty well stable and complete, but UKS is at a very exciting stage of its development where we have a few airports, we're developing better AI and ATC, and now this excellent topography! Is it possible to get a copy of this terrain?And with my vast knowledge of England (hey, at least I know where London is), my guess is that you are flying over Wales somewhere?Congrats again agtim. You are in a class of your own. (With Jon and Ansgar).RobD.

Thanks Robert, I just have explored today your new airports and the new version of iow to. Traffic there is also excellent now and also the new airports Lutton, Coventry and Birmingham, congrats.and yes it's in the northern part of Wales.I will upload the elevation after lakes and airport are flattened.shipping costs for a Mirage are estimated to more than 10000$ and you can't delegate, you must be present there and registered to this auction... it's not Ebay ;-):-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Darn, that's a pity about the Mirage. Oh well, my spare room is almost full anyway. I think Wales looks amazing. I have flown north of Cardiff (in FU3) several times and enjoyed that, but the scenery does sort of runout in that direction! I look forward to this new addition.By the way, who won out of you and that Phoenix Air? RobD.

Guest effyouthree

Andre,Supoib! (in the words of Bart Simpson...)This is what I was waiting for - some hills! Can't wait to see a bit of ridge lift happening ;)As to the Mirage, I'll go ya halves in one, Rob! After seeing your transport efforts with the 747, getting a Mirage back here should be a simple job. You did get the floats sorted for the 323?I mean, whaddaya get for $5000 these days? :-wave Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Well Jon, that's the problem. The spare bits of the 747 are stored in my spare room (between the spare bed and the desk), and there's quite a bit that the mechanic said I wouldn't be needing any more, bits and pieces like a nosewheel, an APU and a rather large wing. But I reckon if I take the floats out of the cupboard, stuff the nosewheel under the mattress and return the lathe to the mechanic, I can probably pop the mirage next to the spare engine and on top of the cockpit. If you're going to go halves in this, could I get you to pop over there and pick it up for me (I'll loan you the Mazda and floats), and maybe you could pay the first $9965 and I'll contribute more when the time is ripe. I suppose we'll have to put it together too - are you any good with a screwdriver? I tend to bust things when I try.So in summary, you get it, you pay for it, you assemble it, and I'll do the rest.Well some of the rest.Cheers,RobD.

That's impressive, Andre. What percentage of the total UKS area does this high resolution elevation data cover ? If you can get the entire scenery region at this level of detail, then you just might renew my interest in FU3 ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,I just started a first part in the top left corner of the region and have the data for the full region so it's just a matter of time.:-wave agtim

Guest Surge

I've seen a lot of UK South scenery addons in the library but where does one get a copy of the actual UK South terrain?I tried searching for it but can't find anything.Is it free or commercial?If it's free is it not available for download because it's a work in progress and because of it's size?If it's a size issue then maybe one should look at something like BitTorrent which is a great way of distributing large amounts of data using P2P technology yet is still easy enough for the lay man to use.Those screen grabs look lovely!Paul

Guest R_Driscoll

There's always room for more package-makers for UKS, Chris. There's all these little out of the way airstrips like, oh, say Manchester that haven't been done yet. But I'm not sure though that you're qualified. Ideally we need someone who has been to England, has experience at writing packages, has patience to add small details and some landscaping, knows a bit about using FLED to make taxiways etc. Hmm, ever been to England Chris? Seriously that is probably the biggest lack at the moment - small airports around UKS. I've done the big ones (some of them), a few people have added airports around the place (like Lydd, Lundy Is, Sandown etc), but we need many more! The main thrust of FU3 is small planes/small airports I think. And it would be great now to have a few new airstrips around Wales! (that's the little bump just south of Ulverston). And you're the best person for the job (with some stiff competition from HP, agtim, Rob, Andy, Jon and me).RobD.