Sign in to follow this  
agtim

A new tool help reorganization of region and AI

AirportEditor.exe for FU3 Vers.1.2 is here ;-)Actually there is not a lot to edit, more to view but the edit function can move the full airport with all nodes and lines and lights at once to a new location referenced by the blue square UTM coordinates and height. Move of just a little bit is possible also.The Duxford package has been moved from UKS region to SanFran region in 1 minutes :-)Caution when writing back the airport files, have a backup copy of it first.The file selection dialog of this application is for the selection of a folder, not the file !following files are opened internally:fbo2.cfgfbo.cfgtaxigrph.fldlines.fldlights.fldWith the data from this files a Tree View is filled with airport information hard to see at once without this tool.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98648.jpgThe most usable part comes now ! :-)Export for XLS will create a tabulated file with all data of the airport.You can view this file best with EXCEL or any text editor.The layout is prepared for importing into a database system like MS-Access, SQL-Server or the mySQL free database.Each column is designed to hold value or text but not both.There are 3 types of lines:0 for airports1 for runways2 for parking spotseach line has as first field the airport code as database key, together with the sequence it will become the primary index of the table.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98649.jpgafter import you can filter out all runways or all parking spots or just the long Airport line. The first line is the label usable as variable name during import.This was for just the current selected airport, now you can import airport by airport of your selection into the same database. Each time you create a exportation of the airport it is placed in the airport folder as xls_ccc.txt where ccc is the airport code.If you want to collect the full situation of your sim, then use Global Region List. There you select a region, not an airport ! So navigate to the region you want inside FU3 and select the region.cfg. This selection is just to point to the folder, region.cfg is not processed but from there all airports found in.regions sel.region airport....packages*inner sel.region airports....packages*outer sel.region airports....outterrairports...are processed and all are exported in one big list. Importing this in the database will help to reorganize the full region with frequencies, AI traffic...After full import into a database you can create useful reports, just the first page of 2 examples:Frequency list:1 line for each airport with all frequencies and the number of parking spots of this airports.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98650.htmlairports by parking spots:Parking spots are grouped by name and for each name airports holding such a parking spot are listet with the number of spots also. In this list you can see why F18 is never over Seattle - there is just no parking spot for F18 in any airport :-(http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98651.htmlupload to avsim library in the next days :-) :-wave agtim

Guest effyouthree

Andre,Truly amazing :-jumpyI've been putting the moving object viewer to good use too!Thanks for your efforts, I'm looking forward to using FU3 in a new way (again).Now, since you're the application wizard, how about trying to work out exactly what BSP.EXE does so I can figure out why it's so hard to use :-rollI now have 3 versions but are they fiddly or what? The debug mode doesn't help at all.Yes, I'm frustrated with the S340 model. There is something I am doing wrong. Dunno what it is but the GeeBee, Dash-8 and DHC6 were a dream. The L13 was weird with the spoilers but the '340 just refuses to accept axles. At all. I can even remove most of the model(!) and it will only compile without axles. BTW, I don't get ANY axle errors in BSP, it just won't compile WITH them in the model. And yes, I'm even using the same axle names as the DHC6 (to make it easier to test - if it would compile...).I don't want to interrupt Ansgar (again) but I might have to!Sorry, I just needed to cry :-(Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Hi Jon,BSC is a tricky tool, I can't do a lot with it and the .bin files are tricky too. There exist a version of BSC for Janes Attack Squadron, using bsc and e files producing .bin, but the original .bin of JAS can't be opened with ModelViewer, they crash it , don't know why. After converting to E and compiling back then its OK again.do you have test BSC.EXE from the JAS tools ?I just have started to explore JAS a little bit, got it from a sale out action for 10$ but not primary interested to combat sim but to the similar desing of JAS to FU3.Have never done a model using axles, so can't help more actually, but hope to make a first flyable plane next year after texturing work of region is finished. :-wave agtim

Guest juvat2

Hi,Per ShadowJack from the Jas forum at simhq and Thunder Over Europe:"ShadowJack: As a matter of fact, there are .bin to .e and .e to .3ds converters already - but only for 'version 4' .bin models, as used in Thief, Thief 2, and System Shock 2. The JAS models are 'version 6'. Shadowspawn (no relation) of the Thief Editing Guild forum managed to reverse engineer the .bin format with the use of a tool that was leaked / released by LGS called md2txt, which dumps a .bin file into a somewhat readable text format. Unfortunately, it chokes on v6 .bin files, although it does give some useful info. Still, I have some hope that the converters may be able to be modified to work with the new models.btw, running the JAS bsp.exe on an .e file without specifying the '-mo' option will result in the .bin object being reported as version 4, and the JAS version of the model viewer will not load it - one of the things I learned when figuring out the basics of getting new objects into the game last weekend."Shadowspawn(author of many tools for LG' Thief series), is the kind and generous fella that made the Bin2E tool for Jas bin files. It's available here at the Avsim library in the Janes section.-Sadly, Thunder Over Europe has closed. It was operated by Shadowcat. He has generously uploaded the ToE files to our library here in the Janes section. Has much information on Jas editing and physics as discovered by Jas fans.-Attack Squadron aircraft donot have lighting, exterior or interior. I had always hoped that this could be corrected by somehow adapting the aircraft lighting methods used in Flight Unlimited aircraft to the JAS aircraft.-JAS aircraft have virtual cockpits with functioning gauges. I had hoped there would be a way to figure out how they did this for JAS and apply it somehow to Flight Unlimited.-Could JAS geo files be used as replacement outer terrain for you fellas who prefer to fly in Flight3 England hi-res region. Jas geo files extend west to Switzerland, North to Sweden and I think south to the edge of Spain.-Jas was able to code in contrails and smoke. Can a way be found to apply this to Flt3.JimB.

Hi Jim,Have downloaded what was available at AVSIM. Other links mostly dead :-(To look a bit deeper in the model world of JAS I need theMust have tools: the JAS model viewer and converter toolsno longer available at the Avsim Library. ;-((well, I have the BSC V.6 and the bintoe and eto3ds)also missing is the JASEditor.pdf and the JAS mission installer.Can I get this files directly from you ? Thanks :-)You did a lot of model work on the mustang in JAS and your question above points in the same direction to get enhancement to FU3.Gauges is 3D cockpit are realy nice !During WW2 they didn't like lighting - all was kept dark :-)I think we don't need UK outer terrain as the full region is archived now and extending to Switzerland using JAS geo's could be possible but the distance between both region is far so a flight from London to Zurich is not very nice with 90% in outer terrain - a flight from London to Liverpool is nicer. :-wave agtim

Guest juvat2

Hi,I sent the files using the e-mail address at the bottom page of your web site. Hopefully you recieve them ok. I used the "FU3" in the subject. The JasEditor document is in .pdf and .doc. I included the viewer.exe help file I had extracted from it.-I hoped for instument,landing and taxi lights in Jas. I figure the real pilots back then had to of had some way of seeing their instruments, or the airfield?-Do you fellas do any international flights from the Flt3 hi-res UK?-I faintly remember a/some frenchmen were inquiring about making a hi-res France region. Any info on their success?You all take care,JimB

Hi Jim,Thanks for your help, the mail did not arrived - and is not in the trash log also - that means it has not reach the server until now.E-mail: a.meystre@agtim.ch Subject: fu3 or FU3 or at204 or all of themI have not tried JAS in the night, but instrument lights is a must or is JAS a day sim only ?There are no international flights planed from the UK hi-res. You can't share Seattle and UKS in the same game without severe problems.I remember the french region post, but then no more since this time.Switzerland region is on my workbench. :-wave agtim

Andre,I have sent you the latest versions of my packs, but I did not state FU3 in the title. Can you let me know if you receive them OK ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,Thanks a lot, just receive the mail and both zips are ok.Your address is in my white list so you don't need the special keys. :-wave agtim

Guest juvat2

Oops,I'd sent to Ansgar. Resent to you.:-P

Guest R_Driscoll

I suspect it is possible to have the three areas co-existing (SanFran, Seattle, UK) by limiting the number of airports. Someone should try this! There's no other obvious reason why they can't co-exist. I had two of the three working together fairly well until we increased the number of airports recently. (I miss the long flights to outer terrain a little, although I have become addicted to GA rather than the heavies).RobD.

Robert,All airport will fall into the same and only one UTM zone defined by LG that's the reason why you can't mix - you will see Seattle airports in the UK area.UTM 34567 / 7890 Seattle and 34567 / 7890 UKS are at the same FU3 position but in another UTM zone.and shure airport limitation is then the next problem. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, I should have realised that.