Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Remember the Mirage III RS auction ?

Guest R_Driscoll

A Mirage for $20,000!!??!! Amazing. I could have almost bought one, could have sold my Mazda and ...No, I guess not.RobD.

but this was the cheepest one, the white mirage goes for 45000$ and the black one for 53000$ this was the special painting for the last tour around Switzerland. They was both buyed by the same person !

Guest effyouthree

Rob,Coulda, woulda, shoulda...Whaddaya mean? I thought you sold the Mazda? Besides, our Mirage is on its' way already. I hope you got the back wall of the garage pushed out. I got no room here :-lolDo you think we could get away with a council parking sticker on the power unit and just stick it in the street? I suppose we'd have to register it first :-rollSo, who's gonna fly it first? I'll toss, you call :-wave:-lol :-lol :-lol I have trouble parking a Warrior :-lol :-lol :-lolRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Sold the Mazda!!! You pagan neanderthal (and I hope I'm not insulting any neanderthals on this forum). I didn't sell it. I simply bought a new Mazda. So now I have two. One white, one black (I call it my black limousine). So sorry Jon, YOU cop the parking problems. Anyway, I definitely bags first Mirage flight (although for the price, you might just check under the bonnet and make sure they have included both engines). I'm not blocking up my driveway! its only fair I get first flight because, because,Gotta go now, lotta work to do.RobD.(NB: "gotta" means 'I have to', and "lotta" from the verb 'to have a lot of', eg "gotta shifta lotta bricks"). "bags" means 'to claim first right' and is a bit stronger and more binding than the American constitution, and "shifta" means to move, usually in an aimless sense, and totally different in meaning from "shifty", a term used for people who threaten to park Mirages and power units in one's front lawn.:-) (in case people thought I'm being Sirius here).

Guest twsimfan

:-lol I could probably figure out how to swing the cost of the Mirage but gas & insurance for it are issues I'm not prepared to deal with. ;)I know I've asked this before... but what sort of Mazdas do you have?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99522.jpgRX-7s don't like snow much. :(

Guest R_Driscoll

A Mazda323. One white, one black! Jon's right about the parking problems. I don't think I could fit a Mirage in my house. Its a bit of a joke - the cars are fairly old outdated models, but just happened to be within my price range (unlike Mirages, which will for me remain mirages), so when I first made car models for FU3, I made a common car, using my own as the dimensions! And then I made a little Ferrari as well, and put them both up together on avsim, but praising the virtues of the M323 and almost ignoring the Ferrari (Aussies are very back the front). Since then, the Mazda has starred in several episodes during the development of the Seattle region. When Jon made his Clare's Valley package, I tried to land a jumbo there, and surprisingly failed, breaking the nosewheel on a barb-wire fence at the end of the runway. So I took all the parts back to Seattle Boeing in the Mazda and had it repaired.I see that you have followed my idea of blending black and white in your own car!RobD.

Guest twsimfan

Rob,"I see that you have followed my idea of blending black and white in your own car!"Actually my RX-7 isn't black... except for the top of corse. It is an odd color. Jaimacan Blue... a blend of blue, green, & black that can appear as any of those colors depending on the lighting conditions.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99767.jpgIt looks a bit brighter last year during warmer conditions.Snow usually causes me to want to drive my other "car".http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99768.jpgWhich has been getting a lot of mileage of late. :)

Guest R_Driscoll

I should have realised it was an RX-7. Excellent. And yes, by black car is actually a very deep blue, but deosn't change colour, and my white car is actually dust-brown, and changes colour when it rains.