Sign in to follow this  
Guest evansgg

SanFran and Seattle 2004 updates

Guest evansgg

I thought I would reinstall those today and found that I got booted out of FUIII as soon as the map appeared. I know I followed the install instructions exactly and that everything was working fine beforehand so what was the trick to installing this please. I remember having difficulty last time I did it, but cannot remember the fix.

Are you installing the 2004 UPDATES, or the FULL PACKS ? Do you have any other airport packages installed in the Seattle region ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest evansgg

Hi Chris,I am installing sanfran_2004 which is 9.32mb in size and was going to then install seattle_2004 which is 12.4mb. Prior to attempting the sanfran_2004 install I had successfully installed ai_package_v0_05beta, ai_traffic_enhanced_100 and ai_package_callsigns0_1beta. I also added some custome planes 172Green, Archer, B747_400_v2_001, bae146, dc3_c49_g202a_v1_20, the cub and hooters baron. The program worked perfectly with those installed and failed when I tried the sanfran_2004 installation. It falls over when it hits the "Player Plane Init" point and kicks me out with a send/dont send the problem to microsoft message box. I have also tried deleting the two package files with no success. My start location is San Francisco and my plane is the Fokker. With my limited knowledge I figure it must be something to do with the 5 replacement AIPLAN.txt, AIRSPACE.txt, AIMODEL.dat, FLTDNSTY.dat, POI.txt files. Maybe the AIMODEL.dat file points to the pre ai fixed model names or something like that? Should I try installing sanfran on a virginal FU3 then applying the ai patches?

Guest evansgg

>I thought I would reinstall those today and found that I got>booted out of FUIII as soon as the map appeared. I know I>followed the install instructions exactly and that everything>was working fine beforehand so what was the trick to>installing this please. I remember having difficulty last time>I did it, but cannot remember the fix.Answering my own question here but the I noticed that the Geotiles.tag file was 0 bytes after running the import bat file. The fix was to reinstall the backup old geotiles.tag file.

It sounds like you are running the old versions of my packs, which included one or two things that I should have avoided attempting (like trying to flatten the terrain). If you are still having problems, I could send you the latest versions of my packs instead ? These are more compact, and include lots of revisions and updates when compared to the old packs.If you would like these, then send me an e-mail to the following address:-Christopher dot Low at btinternet dot comYour suggestion about a fresh installation of FU3 would be a good idea if you decide to use my latest packs.With respect to the AI packs, you have indicated that you have installed the beta version of the high detail AI Pack PLUS the older version of the AI Pack. I would advise ONLY installing the high detail version, since this is designed to REPLACE the older pack.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png