Sign in to follow this  
Guest evansgg

Really good screenshots

Guest evansgg

The following link is worth a look:http://www.pcaviator.com/megascenery/forum...p?showtopic=52760 screenshots of the "new" Pacfic Northwest Scenery add on for the MS FS2004. I love screen shots but after viewing these I fired up my FUIII Seattle Region, climbed into my Hooters airplane and cruised and took my own screenshots. The result was pretty close I think and our old sim shaped up pretty well. Check it out.

Guest twsimfan

I have to say that FU3 doen't come close to that kind of detail for Tacoma. I would be chomping at the bit to buy the Mega PN Senery if I hadn't already had some experience with the SoCal edition. The problem with that stuff is if you like to turn on a lot of detail it takes forever to load. And lets face it... what is the point of buying a highly detailed scenery and then turning down the detail? I was getting 10 to 15 minute load times for LAX. I just don't consider that usable. The stuff is very pretty but you have to have much more patience that I do. :(They had a demo of this scenery going at the AVSIM Conference in September... looked really great... as always. The guy was telling me about all the new features like this "MegaCity Technology"... still not sure what that is all about. But I specifically asked him if load times were any better. He stammered for a bit and finally admitted that they may even be worse. I told him "No thank yee" and wandered on to the CaptainSim display... the gal there told me all about their upcoming C-130 (which I have on order) and she was far cuter than the MegaStuff guy! ;)I gave my LA stuff to Bob... I no longer use it.

Takes < 1 minute to load for me and I'm not the kind of person who skimps on the scenery details. Just takes some tweaking and a high-end system to get decent performance out of these sceneries.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/100216.jpgWhen I got the Norcal scenery I directly compared it to FU3 and found:-At low altitude FU has slightly better detail-Megascenery colours are better-Megascenery has the advantage of a more advanced sim with better graphics technologies (sharper scenery in distance, better clouds etc.)So it's 2-1 to Megascenery. Still FU looks pretty darn good considering its age.Megascenery PNW will feature "Megacity" which is either high-quality satellite pics or aerial shots. Looks like the quality will be fantastic. This is only for the Seattle metropolitan area however - the rest of the scenery will still use the same IRS 5m/pixel images (slightly worse than FU but better colours).

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP