Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Stag wants our help...

Guest Staggerwing

Thank you Tom,Might I please add.... even if you don't get or watch the "Discovery Wings" channel. (they seem to be keeping Wings in the UK)GA & Sport flying needs to be promoted or it's in big trouble in the future. In the USA the FAA has instituted new areas of licensing for people who just want to enjoy the fun of flight without any real need to fly and at a lower overall cost. People like US ! This allows better use of all the "experimental" rated homebuilts and kits and encourages these companies to keep improving and designing their aircraft. I say... if you love GA and/or Sport flying VFR it's reason enough to support the only channel that gives the average person daily info and entertainment on the subject.If you like Military programs, "Wings" already has more than it's share of them that air 24/7. Let Discovery channel add a NEW Military channel if they feel it's needed. Or replace one of the several other same subject programs they air.And even if I have seen every program on "Wings" channel...it's good for the future of general aviation by promoting and introducing new people to flying.Even if you're NOT in the USA it still involves you and the future of something you love so concerned voices from around the world would not hurt. Thanks for listening,

Guest CaptRolo

I used to watch Discovery wings all the time and now it must be a pay channel ,because it's not in my lineup of programs on roadrunner cable At $50.00 a month.CaptRolo

Guest Staggerwing

It's no doubt only on the "digital" tier now and not on the "basic" channels with RR

Guest Staggerwing

Looks like Discovery is going to throw us a one hour "bone" weekdays at 6pm est in the form of one program called "WingSpan" Maybe... JUST maybe we'll see more NEW programs in 5 hrs per week than we saw in previous 24/7 air time. :-)Then again... maybe they will just insert all the old programs again..The website or TV listings do not give 2005 info yet.