Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

How do I get the 747 to use the longest runway ?

Is it possible to get Ansgar's 747 to be directed to the longest runway at a particular airport ? It doesn't matter at airports like SeaTac International, since the second runway is 9400 feet long. However, I want to use runway 29 at Oakland, but I am always directed to runway 27R, which is less than 6000 feet long ! Landing (and stopping) the 747 on a runway of this length is rather tricky :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Steffen

Hi Chris,there was a way to do this, which circulated in the forum I think more than a year ago. It had to do with modifiying the plane weight in the .res-file (not the flight physics itself), which was hidden somewhere. I think Jokke "invented" it and the result was not only that you got the longer runways but also the "Heavy" got put automatically on your callsign.But it looks like that is a "forgotten" trick - I wasn't able to find it anyplace.Blue Skies, Steffen

Steffen,The current 747 callsign is "Niner Lima Golf Heavy", but it doesn't seem to make a difference at Oakland :-(Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Steffen

Yep,what I meant was that there was an aircraft weight fix that made all the runway assignements and corrected the callsign. So "niner lima golf" would be the callsign in the resfile and FU3 would then make niner lima golf heavy from that as it then recognizes the plane as a heavy (which it doesn't now). I don't know whether it was Jokke or Daniel who then said that they would have to correct their callsigns as "niner lima golf heavy heavy" doesn't sound good (and that's what happened after the "weight patch". But somehow that trick got lost...Blue Skies, Steffen