Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

FU3, XP &SP2

Guest andy9164

Before I dive headfirst into getting my XP upgraded to SP2 (Microsoft keep telling me I need to do it), does anyone know of any major issues it may cause in FU3, particularly UK region.ThanksAndyP.S. I'm still around just busy

Andy,I don't currently have the UK region installed, so I can't comment regarding this. However, I am using Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 on my PC, and FU3 runs perfectly.As for the SP2 upgrade itself, I would certainly recommend it. There is definitely a sense of greater stability and tighter security about my PC since I installed SP2, and I have had no problems whatsoever. I would advise that you allow AUTOMATIC UPDATES after it has been installed. This will keep your PC fully updated at all times.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi Andy, hi Chris,Is this SP2 upgraded like an addon program for XP? or is it a stand aloneoperating sisteme?For sum time nouw my XP Home Edition givs me an errer mesage on starteup,and I am no longer able to acses the Microsoft UPDATE sight.But I am very reluctant to reinstall the hole operating sisteme just tostop the errer mesage on starteup, or to alouw me to acses the UPDATE sight.I mean, I know where everything is at the moment, but afterwoods, o, dear.It would take me at leest a week to backup all my FU3 related stuf,and even then I would probably hav forgotern sumthing.<"P.S. I'm still around just busy"yes me to, paradoxicaly the mor time we spend doing stuf for FU3, the les time we got to talk about it hear.glidernut

Guest CaptRolo

Glidernut:and all When you install windows XP SP2 ,it changes many things in the operating sys relating to security issues . Once you install it ,you can't use your original winXP disk to reinstall over it . so if problems arise you'll have to format drive and reinstall from scratch .Go to pcmag.com and look up "how to build your windows XP recovery disk".I have my laptop with XPpro sp2 . I also built another computer with XP pro SP1 and shut off updates for now . I'm going to have just a computer for Flight sim .I will use a raid 0 config with 2 hard drives to see if access and speed is any better . CaptRolo

Guest glidernut

Hi Ralph,Thanks for the info, Iv disided to stik with the errer mesages for nouw.I carnt remembr why, but every time I see your name, I get this mental imige of you trying to ride 2 harleys in a pub in the USA, and atempting to play an acoustical guitarall at the same time. glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

I looked at installing SP2 on my work computer (which is light years ahead of my home computer!) and was advised not to touch SP2 - it clashed with our sites firewall and needed to have a very special installation to make it work at all. And initially it was full of microbugs of course. But I tried a test installation on a spare computer anyway, and all of the external ports stopped working! So maybe it has problems still. I don't know if it has been fixed since.RobD.

SP2 works flawlessly on my PC....and it is worth noting that ALL new copies of Windows XP now come with SP2 included.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png