Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

Help needed with S340 views

Guest effyouthree

Dear All,The S340 is ticking along nicely with one exception - the internal cockpit views are :-erksI could use the Dash8 ones for now but I'd rather... you know!The panels are fine, BTW - it's the other 7 views I'm having problems with (actually, the rear view isn't so bad). My only shots are so small and grainy they're useless. Add to that the fact that I never get to fly on S340s any more (the company car has fixed short-haul flying) AND I don't know anyone at Rex.I'd appreciate any or all help, including line drawings if available.I'm really stuck (and I thought this'd be easy...) :-( Try as I might, I can't find any MSFS views either :-rollRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

I guess you have already gone to airliners.net and lokked at their S340 cockpit photos (there's about 4 pages) - some of them are close to 45 deg views ... but no rearward shots.

Guest effyouthree

Rob,Yes, I've searched all the web photo sites to no avail. I've decided to do the same as the B400 and make the side/forward/rear shots mostly window, so you'll only see a small bit of cockpit texture. This means for the right views the viewpoint is set in the right seat...Oh well, better than soooooooper grainy detail shots I guess :-rollBTW, there are 3 liveries: 1. Northwest/Mesaba - Old NW livery as Mesaba haven't repainted their planes yet and the ol' RED(!) still looks great on the '340 (to me).2. PennAir - Simple white with red & yellow stripes.3. BA/Loganair - For UKS ;)I'll post some shots soon. I still have to finish the callsigns but I've had an ear infection (from spending 2 hours/day in the surf - it's been soooo warm - and rough ;) ) and can't hear Jack right now...Coupla daze :-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

You can't hear Jack cause her name's Clare. If Clare was Jack, boys being boys, you would hear him. Even with total deafness and a jackhammer on concrete at 10 paces. :-bang (Jon's daughter Clare, of course, is named after the famous Clare Valley airport in Outer Terrain, Seattle).Anyway, I look forward to a Saab plane with ANY internal views or livery.

Guest effyouthree

Rob,That's Jack s***!I can hear Clare - sorta. It's just that I cannot wear headphones until I'm better (even lightweight 'phones feel like my head is in a vice - besides, there's this strange gurgling noise that comes and goes). Actually, the gurgling noise might be Clare... ;)Lucky my girlfriend talks at 126dBA :-lol Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"