Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

Ansgar, did you get my email?

Guest effyouthree

Ansgar,I sent an email some time ago, asking about some details on modifying the B400 for the S340 turboprop. I DO have it working OK now (no crashes - except mine of course :-roll ) but: - I'm still stuck on the gear doors. I've tried inserting them in the flight model as gear but still no joy :-( I have 7 axles and 7 gears but it seems I can only ever get the first 3 legs (0,1,2) to move. - Did you have any joy on how to move the digital ASI etc? I simply RE-moved it (!)'coz the S340 has a 'conventional' ASI but I'd still like to figure out which files in the resfile control the digital ASI, attitude and GPS. - I wanted to change the GPS screen background but it made NO difference. After re-opening CPD, the original background file is restored :-grrAnyway, you probably have your hands full with AI right now but if you can offer any advice, I'd certainly appreciate it :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest Ansgar

Hello Jon,sorry - I must have overseen your question theses day

Now I know why I never attempted to build a plane myself :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest effyouthree

Awwww, you guys don't know what you're missing out on :-lolSeriously, thanks Ansgar for that info - no, I didn't receive your email, which worries me. I will try some changes but I'm coming to the conclusion that I simply won't model the main gear doors at all. I setup the 3 working axle numbers on one leg and 2 doors to see what would happen and the doors cut the leg during retraction :-( Actually, the doors close before the wheel goes inside... If I lengthen the retraction time in the flight model, they cut the leg/wheel on extension too :-rollThis may be something we have to live with (no animated doors on mains). In reality, as I've mentioned before, the doors are closed both when the gear is up AND down (only the nosegear doors remain open) so it's not really a problem (to me). Thanks for you help and please try resending that email. I will send you another test email but you MUST respond to the address I write on the signature, NOT whatever address shows on your inbox. If it doesn't work this time, I will talk to our Administrator about adding your address to our "preferred" list, so your mail isn't blocked.Thanks again :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jon,I answered to your first adress Jon.xxxLet us see if that works.If not send here and I resend on your effyouxxx adress again.Ansgar