Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FU3 and TFT monitors

Does anyone here use a TFT monitor for FU3 ? If so, any comments about the quality ? I am aware that the native resolution of these beasts gives the BEST picture quality, but the native resolution of the monitor that I am interested in is 1280x1024. As you will be aware, FU3 can go no higher than 1024x768, so I would like to know if the picture quality would suffer to any appreciable degree.Thanks for any help.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hi Chris,seems that not many users use a TFT for FU3 - inclusive me with my old PC ;-).But I have some experience with TFT

I have Philips 17" TFT and I can see small diffrence in the quality. The resolution isn't a problem IMO. The only diffrence is in colours - crt monitors give a little better results - less contrast. I was testing both simulators and I have the same conclusions : crt is a bit better.B.Adamski

Guest twsimfan

I still run some older racing games that can only go to 800X600... even one that is 640X480... and they look great on my 19" ViewSonic. I know the reports say colors are better on CRTs but I don't buy it... especially after I got my digital cable. The colors are rich and true. Far better than any CRT I've ever used. If I stand up and look down at the monitor they are washed out... but why would I want to do that?FU3 & FS04 both look great on it. Of course FS goes to 1280X1024 and beyond anyway. But the colors are outstanding for both sims. I also noticed a FPS increase in FS once I was on the digital cable.I could never go back to a CRT now. I get a brief warning message (that I could disable but haven't got around to it) advising me that 1280X1024 is optimal when I run something at a lesser res but other than that I have seen no problem running things in any res.