Sign in to follow this  
Naji

Want to say Hi, and share a flight...

I want to say hello to my home spot :-wave.Today evening, I felt like making a short hop in FU3 San Francisco, with of course a nasty weather. Took off from a lonely strip and headed about north at 1900ft in the Mooney. The sound of rain in FU3, its splashes and streaks on the windshield and the side windows, the heaviness of the clouds, I could go on :)... It is really exhilarating! The feeling of flying in such weather is very satisfying; still can't experience it wholly in FS2004 ;-).I guess after today's flight, I'm going to spend more time again in it.All the best.

Guest R_Driscoll

Hello again Naji! Welcome back! Your BFU is the most amazing success and congrats on that whole project. Yes, FU3 is still great for the feel of flight, and its good to hear of the old Mooney being decobwebbed - a wonderful plane to fly (in the sim) but hard to land (it floats) and hard to stop it climbing - too much power! And we had megascenery before megascenery was invented.I have had the pleasure of installing FU3 on a newer computer, and I couldn't believe the difference - framrates shot up from 10's to 60's (in open country). My home computer is a P500. The smoothness of the new computer made a big difference to the feel of flight.RobD.

Guest effyouthree

Hi Naji :-waveGood to hear that even you can be wowed again by FU3 ;)I am. Regularly...Hope things are OK in your neck of the woods, come back soon :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Thanks, guys. The last few days, I've been flying FU3 only. I love to play and wreak havoc with the weather :)Time now to look for what the FU3 talented designers have been up to of late. I read that trees have been released!All the best, and thanks again for the kind words :wave.

Guest effyouthree

Trees, Naji?You mean the 54 I did years ago (newtrees.zip), the 'ntree upgrade' that fixes EVERYONE'S trees (nuntrees.zip, santrees.zip) or the instant forests (multrees.zip)?I recently did a reinstall of FU3 on another PC and I was surprised how drab the original ntrees were. A quick rebuild of the tagfile did the trick ;)Given your weather preferences, I won't say 'clear skies'! How about 'Here's to flying through mountain passes in snow and fog' :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

For those guys who have requested copies of my Seattle 2005 and SanFran 2005 packs, I would also like to recommend Jon Point's TREES upgrade mentioned above, and also Ansgar Avermeyer's high detail AI Pack (soon to be released). The revised AI parking spots in my updated packs take advantage of the new planes that are included in this ESSENTIAL utility) :-)Chris Low.PS. JON....I realised that I already had your "wooden pole" model after unzipping the jmod3.zip file that you sent. I am now eagerly awaiting the new pylon ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Naji and a nice welcome back again!!very good to see some of our "old" FU3 fan