Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Where can one find custom scenery packages for FUIII?

Hi all!I just reloaded FUIII on my XPS and found rekindled pleasure in this fine flight sim.Can anybody offer me leads where one can find great custom scenery packages on the web for FUIII? I did remember FRED's page but it seems to no longer be out there, etc.Thanks in advance!Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest effyouthree

Mitch,Jes' look in the Avsim library! They're (mostly) all here ;) Chris can fill you in on what he's up to - or check the threads in the forum.Have fun :-wave

I must have missed something then...lol. I did check the library and found only a couple of sceneries. I remember FRED's page a couple of month's after FUIII's release, and OMG....the packages and animations he had built up and/or hosted on his site!!!!!I was kinda hoping to see that stuff again.FUIII is awesome on my XPS and X800XT card. It is this level of performance that FUIII need(s)(ed). The S.F. scenery is just unreal. With my driver at full quality on every bar, I sustain 44-55 FPS in the sim. Thunderstorms to boot.When I first got the sim, my 'then' system (500 Celeron)barely could croak out 12...with most sliders throttled back, LOL!I'll look again and scrounge around...Thanks for the come-back.Mitch R.

Mitch,Would you like me to send you my complete upgrade packages for the Seattle and SanFran regions ?SEATTLE 2005 includes completely refurbished taxiway lines, lighting, and AI planes at virtually ALL of the airports in the region (plus thousands of trees), six UNICOM airports that have been upgraded to tower controlled status (Arlington Municipal, Auburn Municipal, Bremerton National, Jefferson County, Pierce County, and Sanderson Field), seventeen new REAL airfields (with tractor tyre marked grass runways, log defined parking areas, trees, and other stuff like fence poles, fuel tanks, and the odd hay barn), six lighthouse scenery packages, an animated objects package, and electricity pylons throughout the region.SANFRAN 2005 includes extensive modifications to the AI planes at many of the airports in the region, four UNICOM airports that have been upgraded to tower controlled status (Davis Woodland Winters, Half Moon Bay, Nut Tree, and Rio Vista), four new REAL airfields (including a fully operational, tower controlled version of Hamilton Air Force Base), an animated objects package, and around FIFTY scenery packages (including buildings, radio masts, wind turbines, oil tanks, boats, a couple of bridges, and thousands of trees).I am also currently adding electricity pylons throughout the SanFran region, and I will be developing several more scenery packages after that.These packs are designed as complete upgrades, but I am sure that plenty of stuff from other add-on developers will work just fine with them. Those forum members who use my upgrade packs should be able to help you out in this department :-)If you would like the latest versions of the above packs, then send me an e-mail to the following address:-Christopher dot Low at btinternet dot comBest Wishes,Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Wow Chris, that sounds like a plan!!!!Thank you for your kind offer.I'll send you an email so you can send at your pleasure.Thanks again,Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest Kestrel 2

Hi, Chris -My situation is similar to Mitch's. I have a decent computer now and I have reinstalled FU II/III. I have added about two dozen of the airplanes (Thanks, Modders!) and I am having fun with the sim. I have been wanting to add some scenery upgrades. I'd love to fly with yours. Would you be able to get them to me too? I'd appreciate it a lot. I'll wait to hear if my request would be welcome before I fire off an e-mail.

Hi Chris!I just loaded all the files for San Fran and am about to give them a go!Thanks for the send and I will get back to you with my feedback.It was most generous of you, Chris!Thanks again.Cheers!Mitch R.