Sign in to follow this  
Guest Staggerwing

A little real world flight in FU3 country...

Guest Staggerwing

Just for fun, I thought you guys would like this 5 min video starting at Paine Field in Everett, WA... lots to recognize. http://www.griffinstudios.tv/download.htmOh... and be sure and check his home page there as you'll enjoy the fact that there is more WA flying to come :-)

Guest twsimfan

Thanks Stag... really enjoyed that one. So much so that I wanted to save it to disk. They have the page tricked up so you can't do a "Save Target" so I had to watch it clear through then dig it out of my temporary Internet files folder.Not only is the scenery great... especially for a Native Washingtonian... but I love the plane and those MFDs are great stuff. Very cool! :)

Guest musikai

Yes - it's a fantastic movie. It mirrors exactly the magic feeling of flight. It has the same atmosphere as FU3 has. Or the other way around.Other flightsims try to reproduce real flight and here real pilots go out and reproduce FU3 flights, hehe. :-smile12I like that and I want more.Btw: Using Opera or IE or Maxthon it was no problem to save the file to disk.edit: I just discovered that the menu on the main site http://www.griffinstudios.tv/doesn't show up on Opera.GreetsKai

Me too -- I use Opera or Firefox and the "save to disk" works beautifully with Opera. However, the main page leaves something to be desired and it doesn't even help to spoof IE. In short, anything but IE will lose the navigation buttons below.Maybe it's ActiveX? The site has been made using MS Frontpage. Opera does not support ActiveX by design since ActiveX lends itself to abuse by the darker forces of the internet. The video looks great and captures the feeling of flying a small plane really well. A copy of it currently resides among my downloaded clips.Hans Petter

Guest Seadog

I only have IE, Firefox and Mozilla, and can't save it with any of them, but it was a joy to view. I'm guessing the arming pin with the warning tag visible in the early portions is the safety for the cannon shell which launches the airplane parachute, one of the absolutely coolest features of the Cirrus.:-sun1 -Seadog

In any event, you can do what Tom did: View it in Media Player and choose to save it before you close down. Since it downloads to some temp directory in order to play (rather than being a streaming video) you can save it once it's ready to play.Hans Petter

Guest evansgg

Thank you for that fantastic video. I took one a while back when I did a joyflight in a Cessna, but the cockpit display never looked anywhere near as high tech as yours!!! Much appreciated. :7

Guest CaptRolo

That is really a great video , Thanks for sharing .CaptRolo

Very nice. Don't play FU3 much these days but I still love WA state :)Gotta love the Sirrus and its avionics - it looks more like the flight deck of an Airbus or 777 than a small GA plane.I'm using Firefox and when I right-clicked on the link I got a window saying it's copyright but I was still able to save it.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Seadog

Thank you for that suggestion, and forgive me for the delay in acknowledging it. Your idea is one I would have followed before. I am using WMP 10. It was foisted on me by Microsoft as an update, not an upgrade, to my then existing WMP 9. Under WMP 9 and earlier, I would have been able to do just as you suggest. Under WMP 10, though, no such option is presented in the menus. I will be removing 10 and replacing it with 9, a wiser consumer for the experience. Version 10 is all about Microsoft's toadying up to the software industry so fearful of losing revenues to pirates. The burdens they place on millions of legal users to outwit hundreds of illegal ones seem not to concern them. In any event, your suggestion stands as valid advice to those using WMP 9 and earlier.-Seadog