Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

We can fly underground.

Guest glidernut

Hi all,Iv just put 2 new chalanges in the avsim librery.Me and RobD hav been working on this for what seems like ages.And I carnt keep my mouth shut any longer, thees chalanges will blow your soks off.Hav you ever seen an AI aircraft fly into the side of a mountain and then cum out the other side? Im shoower you hav.Well, nouw you can do the same, without crashing, and discuver for your self whats under them there mountains, well one of them anyway.If you dont get lost under there, and you manage to get out alive, cum back and let us know what you think.Go get em.RobD.:-waveglidernut.:-wave

WOW what for a cave !!!RobD and Glidernut thanks a lot, well done :-)I am interested in the weak texture mystery to use it for smoke objects and Robert, have just reached London City with the new elevation.No changes needed for Heathrow :-) :-wave agtimhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/107957.jpg

Guest glidernut

agtim,Its When a model is placed on a megatile boundry, with harf the model on one megatile, and the other harf on a diferant megatile,then only the harf with the point of rotation will be solid,the other harf on a diferant megatile is not solid, inspiteof it being textuerd on both sides.One of the models in the chalange needed to be "not solid" inspiteof it being textuerd on both sides, but it was 2 miles away from the nerest megatile boundry.Not only that, but I needed the hole of the model to be "not solid",not just part of it.So useing a modeling program I mooved the model,s point of rotation 2 miles away from the model, to just over a megatile boundry,and it worked, all of that model is not solid.Also, there seems to be sum other odd properys of a model that seemsto hav sumthing to do with small tiles.I hav yet to investigat and understand thees odd properys, but placingmodels in the world useing the script of a chalange insted of useingFled has the advantage of not producing .mod files, and is a good wayof investigating. glidernut.

Hi Glidernut,Well, sounds not very easy for small smoke model in the center of a megatile. Thanks for info. The Chalange is greath !!! :-) and its using new technologies. :-wave agtim

Guest Allan_D

Thanks John and Rob.I've been trying for a long time to install FU3 on my new computer and at last I've got it done. I haven't loaded my own scenery stuff yet, I need that added so that my game has lots of action and fun stuff, but the game itself without my add on's still looks decent.Not as clear and detailed as my old computer but that had a V5 card and my new one has a ATI all-in-Wonder 9800pro.My new card just doesn't do FU3 as well as my old V5 card didAlso haven't had a chance to play with fled yet. That used to be the best fun of the FU3 game so I hope my new computer works the same way.It's not the same but FU3 is still fun to play with once in awhile.If you like to fly under ground have a go at thisMy grandkids have a blast with ithttp://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swfI have lots of drive space now so I'm going to try and load the scenery you sent to me a long time ago John,Fun :-vuurAllan and PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest effyouthree

John/Rob,Regarding the 'across the megatile' model 'softness', does FLED leave it's bounding box at the foot location or is it simply non-existent? I have 2 bridges placed across a megatile junction and you can land and taxi on the south ends but fall through the north ends :-( I now realise why (it's foot is on the south end). This has also made it real hard to sit at the correct height because the height reference of the megatile is lower than the terrain height and moving the model a few metres in any direction causes it to float or sink. Exactly what the true height is now entirely escapes me but, across the megatile boundary, the water(!) level varies by 3 metres :-rollKinda makes it hard. Taking a leaf from your book(s), I may try placing the foot on dry land (i.e. on a nearby hill) and see if this helps. Hence my question above. It's no good if there's an invible bridge sitting on top of the hill at the foot location!So, if you fly around the foot, do you hit anything?:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Hi Jonathan,You can (must) correct the boundary elevation. Last row of a GeoTile must have the same values than the first row of the next one and this applied for the column also. Export both tiles at the bridge using GEoTilesViewer so you get E0xxyy.tga and E0x1y1.tga then select with a graphic tool the last line or column and paste it to the other tile as first line or column. Then import the modified tile only using GeoTilesViewer again. Check it using zoar mode. When you move from one tile to the other tile the terrain should not jump ! At the end, elevation for the connecting point has same height. I have to do this at each tile-connection in the UKS elevation. :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

Jon,Sory if Iv been a long time ansering, Iv been off the airfor a few days with PC problems, butthe engineer has replaced my CPU, and so far so good.In the erly stages of doing this chalange useing RobD,s exalant models,one of them was so big that it was "at one stage" biger than a megatileand as such, was giving me problems with Fled freezing, and refusing to delete.So to avoid the problems asosiated with Fled and its duplicate .mod files,Iv dun most of my testing and exoerymenting by placeing modelsin the world useing the script of a chalang, which dus not produs .mod files.But I forgot that all models placed this way are moovingobjects.Even if thay dont moov, thay are by definition "moovingobjects" asa script can not place any other kined of object.I forgot that, sory.I forgot that the models Iv been torking about are all moovingobjects,enen if thay dont moov.In order to anser your question, Iv just been muking about in Fled.and it seems that the "model softness trik" only works with moovingobjects.Not only that but the "model softness trik" may only work if the model is not grouwnded.As to your question about the bounding box. The bounding box stays with the model and is not on the point of rotation,or as you would say, the bounding box is not at the foot location.And the bounding box remans the normal size for the model, and dus notgrow in size to cuver both.PS, I did try terning the point of rotatin upside douwn, but it had no afect.Glidernut.

Guest effyouthree

Andre,Thanks for the tips but I won't be adjusting the tiles on this one - it has to work for everyone ;) I've found a way around the anomaly by breaking-up the model and placing the items individually, whilst moving their feet to a known point of reference. Interestingly, when I rotated one model to it's final rotation in FLED (i.e. so you don't have to rotate whilst placing it), that model stopped acting weird!?!This spot still has some weirdness, even though I got the models to sit over it OK. On a number of occasions whilst checking around the area with the Renegade, a strange 'earthquake' effect has hit the plane and destroyed it! It only happens when parked and not only when parked on a model. I parked on top of a hill, switched to F5 and went for a zoom around the models to see that everything was OK (it was). Upon returning to the plane, it was wrecked! Another time I was parked with the engine idling (had just landed in the water, dropped the gear and taxiid onto dry land). While I watched, the plane started wobbling up and down and the tail broke off! Is this an LGS 'secret earthquake simulation'? If so, it's very convincing...Anyway, let this be a warning to those who chose to drive around the Carquinez area :-lolJohn,Thanks for the info. Yes, moving objects are the softest kind! I did fix my problem (see above) but I think my problems are area-specific (see the 'earthquake' bit above). I'm actually wondering if it's to do with parking on a megatile boundary? In any case, landing on the south end of either bridge works, the north end doesn't (you fall straight through) but it doesn't matter. I just wanted to be the first to do it (land on the bridge that is, not fall through) ;) PS If anyone here particularly likes Sanfran, wait until you see what Chris and I are doing to it. On top of the recent releases, the entire skyline (and waterways) will be somewhat transformed...You'll see ;)Haveagoodweekend :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Congrats again on the new challenges glidernut. I know how hard you worked on getting everything exactly right and I think the final product is a great credit to your persistence - even having to invent new ways of doing things to make it work. I hope everyone tries the challenge - there are some easy bits and some very hard bits as well.Has anyone triggered the hoops and seen the lighting effects?Has anyone exited safely?Has anyone triggered the cavern collapse and survived?Has anyone found the secret second arch (McDonalds eat your heart out) with the hidden hoop and escaped alive?And has anyone taxiied down the snake?Plenty to do and its a very clever bit of work - congrats again.Cheers,RobD