Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

How can I make new Joykey Assignments???

Dear friends,I am using a Sidewinder Precision Pro. The outboard Sidewinder software that allowed various button assignment profiles is not supported by Windows XP. I used to have a profile just for FU-3. I just upgraded to XP from Windows 98. FU-3 runs great. However I still want to run my joy stick buttons the same way.One time Hans Petter tried to explain this to me, but I still could not get it right. I tried using the ReadMe, but it makes no sense to me. Can someone help me step by step?I created a joykeys.cfg in which are the following entries:joykey_repeat_interval 0.1joykey_repeat_delay 0.25joy_1 toggle_parking_brakesjoy_3 Elevator_Trim_Down_rep joy_4 Elevator_Trim_Up_rep joy_5 flaps_down joy_6 flaps_upjoy_8 Toggle_Landing_GearQuestions:1. Are there mistakes here? I mean, do I have the proper lines and words? 2. I have the Joykeys.cfg in my main FU-III directory along with the main cfg file. Is this right?3. What lines, if any, do I need to add to the main cfg file to make this work? Right now I get no response. What am I leaving out.Thanks in advance for any help!Steve

Guest glidernut

Steve,I dont hav your joystik so giving you my Joykeys.cfg file wont help.And like you, I find Joystik configeratiion confusing.But I can anser your Question (2),

Guest Allan_D

Steve.1. Are there mistakes here? I mean, do I have the proper lines and words?Yes there are mistakes,read below to see if it helps youI don't use thejoykey_repeat_interval 0.1?or thejoykey_repeat_delay 0.25?Starting at your toggle parking brakes it should look like this, Capitols are required.joy_1 Toggle_Parking_Brakesjoy_3_rep_10 Elevator_Trim_Downjoy_4_rep_10 Elevator_Trim_Upjoy_5 Flaps_Downjoy_6 Flaps_Upjoy_8 Toggle_Landing_Gear2. I have the Joykeys.cfg in my main FU-III directory along with the main cfg file. Is this right? Yes your correct3. What lines, if any, do I need to add to the main cfg file to make this work? Right now I get no response. What am I leaving out.I think the only time you need to add anything to your main cfg file is when your using a second device for rudders and or brakes.I hope this helpsLater Have Fun :-vuurAllan and PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Thank you both. Allan, I will try this when I get home from work tonight. Thank you for your kindness in responding. I will report the results.Steve

Allan...Thank you so very much. That did the trick! The joystick buttons are working right now. As real world pilot, can't tell you how much it means to have the electric trim working off buttons 3 and 4.Best regards!Steve