Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Is there any interest in a chat for the 12th???

Guest twsimfan

Jim,"One of those translators shows 1900gmt = 1400hrs east coast, that correct?"Well I know for a fact that the 1400 part is correct... Noon my time here in Colorado. :)

Guest twsimfan

What are the settings in the mIRC options screen???I'm trying to get in and nothing is happening.

Guest twsimfan

I'll try to get the log file loaded up to the library tomorrow morning. I think it will need a bit of editing but not too bad.

Guest Ansgar

Arrrrgggghhhhh I missed it!!!I

Guest twsimfan

A number of people commented on missing you. Jon didn't make it... I haven't heard why yet. I'll work on the log in a few hours. It is 3AM here now and I wouldn't be up now is my sinuses weren't acting up.

Guest twsimfan

Ansgar,"Hopefully you didn

Guest twsimfan

Guys I just finished uploading the chat log to the AVSIM Library. It will be in the FU3 section as soon as they get it processed. It does lack 15 minutes where my Internet connection died but everybody assured me that not much happened during that time. Of course they just didn't want me to know what everybody said about me while I was gone. :-lol

Guest twsimfan

Guys,It has been over 6 months since our last chat. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing one on March 12th?Let me know what you think and if you would be interested and/or able to attend.

Guest effyouthree

Again, my apologies (it's all I seem to do nowadays...).Clare was unwell and that upset our weekend plans somewhat. As a result, we spent the weekend at the 'beachside apartment' (meaning: my lowly unit by the beach that currently looks like a building site...).We eventually cut ourselves free for a few hours and went to see 'The Aviator' but upon return we were too stuffed (and Clare was too asleep) to go back to the 'home 20' so I forfieted my opportunity once again!I'm sorry but I'll have to download the transcript and see what I missed :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest twsimfan

Jon,As much as I sometimes hate to admit it some things in the real world outrank the virtual world. Sorry you couldn't make it... we were all anxious to chat with you... but it sounds like you made the right choice. :)

Guest effyouthree

Tom,Yes, there's some fairy or goblin out there that gets in my way every time! With the Avsim conference, it was the new company takeover (which is still a nightmare...) and some interference from others within the company (they hijacked my conference paper, stripped it of anything worthwhile and were surprised when it was rejected at the last minute). In fact, I still feel bad about that, not only because we were looking forward to some serious simming, or that I would get to meet some really great people, but more because Clare missed out on what would have been a great holiday and my only chance of 'doing the US' with her in the forseeable future :-( :-( :-(Ah well, single parents just cannot expect to have normal lives I guess (something I'm trying to fix with my current girl - who coincidentally is from the US - Bremerton at that...) :-roll Now, the fairies are at it again, I cannot download the chat file - something about 'file not found...' etc.Sorry to do this, but could you email it to either my Hotmail or Powerware addresses? Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest twsimfan

Jon,I tried to download it myself and got the same error. I sent a mail to the library administrators asking them to please sort it out. In the interim I sent a copy to your powerware address. I have another address for you but it doesn't seem to be hotmail. I hope it gets there OK... I haven't had a lot of luck with sending you mail.

Guest twsimfan

For some reason they have put the zip containing the log file into the library in such a way that when you press downdoad it trys to open the file and you get this error message:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109593.jpgTo avoid the error and actually retrieve the log you have to act fast while this screen is still up:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109594.jpgRight click on that part that is highlighted in green (on my screen anyway) and "save as". I still get an error this way but also get the file. If you aren't quick enough and get the error just do a "back" and try again. I got it on the 4th try.In my opinion this is not the right way to do it. The guy in the library seems to think it is acceptable. I will try to convince him otherwise but failing that doing the "save as" does work.