Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

Carquinez Bridges package uploaded

Guest effyouthree

Dear All,Would you like to spruce-up your Sanfran region? The first of a set of packages to replace the LGS bridges has been uploaded. It requires you to delete the existing ones so you need the 'IWorkHere' line in your cfg file. Full instructions are included but I think after seeing this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109609.jpg...you'll agree it's worth the effort!It should be available in the Avsim library within 24 hours.BTW, there are many more models to come soon - cars, trucks, bridges, TV towers, AM radio towers, water tanks... Chris Low is furiously working away creating packages for some of these so stay tuned! Your Sanfran skyline WILL be vastly improved ;)Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest effyouthree

Dear All,As someone just pointed out, the instructions included with the package are incorrect! In the attached textfile, I refer to the zipfile name as 'cqbrdgs.zip' when it IS in fact 'carquinez_bridges.zip'. As it is the only zipfile in the package, it shouldn't be too confusing.My apologies for the mistake but I see no point truncating filenames when users have no limit - you don't run this stuff in DOS *:-* and properly descriptive filenames are a godsend when searching for stuff. I am as guilty as anyone of this and, in my quest to restore 'plain English' to our hyped-up, buzzworded and politically-correct world, I am hereby turning over a new leaf ;)I just forgot to update the instructions after altering the zipfile name, sorry :-rollRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Yeah, and I love the way that Jon gave extremely accurate coordinates for locating each bridge and section. I got a little thrill seeing each piece snap perfectly into position :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png