Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

A Flight Unlimited 2 Stang skin

Guest juvat2

Started fooling around with the Flt2 'stang skin. A lot more brush work needed though. JimB

Guest effyouthree

Jim,Love the 'flag' scheme! Are you using a custom palette? The colours look somewhat dithered.Kinda reminds me of this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110880.jpgIn case you're feeling patriotic:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110881.zipKeep up the fun stuff :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest juvat2

Hi Jon,That's a realy nice model. You made it just now?! For this post? Here are the flag's I'm using. I first saved the orig 8bit pallet as flt2stang.pal, converted the orig textures to grey-scale 24bit, worked heavily on re-defining the cheveron's(more work to do as the bottom of the chevron leak's or bleeds downward to under the fuselage), and checkered nose/blacked out nose. The fuselage chevron I cropped out and saved as 24bit wihle I worked on it. I created tansparency raster layer set at 22 trans for aerofoils and fuselage. I then applied metallic gradient to the new transparent layer(hardlight). My goal here was to try and improve the metallic look(sheen) on the original skin. Pasted the re-worked chevron back in it's place a little higher to dodge the leak/bleed, it's also a wee bit smaller for that reason. Merge/flattened, loaded the orig 8bit pallet, saved then imported.The metallic look came out right sharp I thought, so searched the net for a flag texture. I edited the flag with some waves,ripple, push, some cropping, rotate, mirror. Did a quick application using trans 22, merge flattened and that's the result I posted in the screen shot. I had to edit out the stars to a plain blue field(that dratted 8bitx256 textures). Now that gave me more of a picture in my mind of which better way to go to get the color looking with more flash or zoom.The cooler scoop I need to work on. I want to adjust the inlet color(black) to give it more of a 3d look(as limited by 256/)8.All the textures I saved as 256x X.Maybe I should upload the metallic(b4 the flag) skin?You all take care,JimB

Guest evansgg

Nice one. Make sure you post it to the file library >Started fooling around with the Flt2 'stang skin. A lot more>brush work needed though. >JimB>:-cool