Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1936718F

FU 111

Guest 1936718F

Having read the good things on this site about FU 111 I bought a copy. It installs OK but I have the following problem. My joystick (Logitec Wingman FF USB and pedals (CH Pro ) do not work. Everything works perfectly with FS9. There is no pitch or roll control via the stick and the throttle does not work. The power on the aircraft varies if I push the rudders ! FU 111 must know the stick is there as I can set up the buttons on the stick ( in the Logitech profiler ) to operate the flaps etc. I have been through the test/calibration process in the control panel several times. Op system is XP. Hope someone can assistCheers Bill

Guest Seadog

Bill,Welcome. All is not lost. Since you're running WinXP, I'm assuming you have a relatively recent motherboard and chipset. Some (but not all) older boards with VIA chipsets in the KT 1xx and 2xx range simply can't be made to work due to problems with USB implementation on those boards, but that's no longer the case with newer chipsets.This issue comes up because, while FU3 can see and use two controllers at a time, without making some settings explicit in the fu3.cfg file, it only reacts to one controller for axis controls, typically the second one it sees. The patch readme file contains some vague and modestly helpful information from which many have been led over time to find successful ways of configuring two controllers, but some of those configurations no longer work on modern motherboards and chipsets. I'm running WinXP Pro on a DFI nForce3 250GB chipset motherboard with USB 2.0 support and use the CH FlightSim Pro Yoke and CH Pro pedals, both of which are USB devices. The yoke has separate levers for throttle, propellor pitch and mixture. Along with the standard X and Y axes, that gives it a total of five axes which I can configure, in addition to those on the pedals.In the following configuration, the line joy_device 1 forces FU3 to read as an additional controller the one it skipped by looking only at the last one installed in XP. Because I have the capability of operating all five axes on the yoke, the following configuration works well for me and switches throttle control from the pedals back to the yoke. I've never used a Logitec Wingman, so you may not be able to control more than the basic three, X, Y and Throttle. If so, you'll need to omit the lines for mixture and propellor pitch, relying instead on keyboard or automatic control. You need to open fu3.cfg in a text editor such as Notepad, and add a section on joystick setup similar to the following (there should only be one such section at a time in fu3.cfg), and save the file:;joystick setupjoy_device 1throttle_device 1 3mixture_device 1 5prop_pitch_device 1 4rudder_device 2 3toe_brakes_device 2 1 2There is no need to specify the X and Y axes on your stick; those are read automatically, once FU3 is forced to read the device itself. The syntax of the numbers following the axis device name is that the first number identifies the controller itself, stick or pedals, and the following numbers identify the axis sequential assignment as read by FU3. Thus, for example, the rudder is axis Z on the second device and the throttle is axis Z on the first device.Some people find that the pedals are recognized as the first device and the stick as the second, but the symptoms you describe are ones I have personally encountered, and find that making the stick the first device and the pedals the second device solves the problem. If you need it the other way around, swap all the device numbers in the foregoing, including the joy_device line, 1 for 2 and 2 for 1. Before changing your fu3.cfg file, play around with the brakes and watch to see if they control anything. You may be amused by what you see. :-lol Whether the pedals are device number 2 or device number 1, those pedal axis assignments work for everyone. On the stick or yoke controller, some people find it necessary to try different axis numbers for mixture and propellor pitch, but that may be unnecessary in your case with a joystick, as you may not have control of those axes at all with that device. Just eliminate those lines if that's the case, or put a semicolon in front of them to comment them out.As new users begin to discover FU3, it would be useful to discover how helpful these remarks have been to you, and what your experience is in implementing them, so please report back your findings. Good luck, and have fun. :-beerchug -Seadog

Guest Seadog

Bill,Please forgive an inadvertant error which may have stymied you. The file to amend is not fu3.cfg, as I wrote earlier, but flt3.cfg. Apologies for the confusion that must have caused.:-eek -Seadog