Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Newbies post launch !!!

Guest juvat2

Man-o-man I wish that were here when I first got to Avsim! Would have saved me so many-many hour's of browsing the library, and searching the forum!Thank-you's to everyone who took the time to assemble the lists :-wave Bye,JimB

Outstanding effort on your part and Andre's. Thanks for the time you both invested in this categorization :-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

thanks all, Andre did all of the initial work of searching and categorising the library, I assembled it into the posts in a simplified format, and received a lot of help from many people in feedback.RobD.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Robert,hello Andre

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, I'll fix this. Thanks!

Guest R_Driscoll

As discussed in the forum, I have sent Tom two posts designed to point new players to resources in our library. Thanks to all for their comments and feedback over the past week!Tom has installed the two newbies posts - one short and simple, the other with stacks more detail. Thanks Tom! If there are mistakes, changes, things that you think ought to be there, or things that ought not to be there, general comments or flames, let me know. I am told that the posts can be changed!Some points:1) I have left out all work apart from San Fran and Seattle (and outer terrain of course) - Switzerland and UK don't exist. This is because those regions are not publicly available, and cannot be simply downloaded from the web - I think its difficult for a new player to get access to those regions. Here I must offer apologies to agtim and Cristian who have put so much effort into those regions, but the posts are really aimed only at beginners.2) I am hoping that some organisation of models will happen for Seattle/SanFran, so at the moment, I have left few links to models apart from my major replacement of the old database for Seattle, and a few examples since then. That is, I assume that people can replace the small database 'out of the box' with the linked version here, then simply add new models outside of this. I didn't do this for San Fran because fo reported problems with the modelbase upgrade (floating models) - I don't know what this problem is but its safest just to stick with the original and add to this - very little model work was ever done for San Fran anyway.3) I have usually just kept examples of work rather than tried to be exhaustive, for example HvR released many versions of Pipers, and all are brilliant, but I have only kept a few. Generally I have tried to get a spread of authors in each category, with examples. It is still a massive database of links! But it was hurting too much to keep cutting it.4) Chris' new San Fran will be ready when its ready. Till then, its a missing link.Just going through the exercise was a wonderful reminder of the people who have contributed so much and so freely to this game, many of whom have also posted actively on this forum. Some are still here, some have left, but all have helped to enrich the flying experience provided by FU3. Salut!RobD.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110903.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110904.jpg

Guest twsimfan

Ansgar,Robert sent me the new version yesterday but I had some other things on my mind... didn't get it posted until just now. Sorry! :-shy

Guest Ansgar

Dear Tom,no "sorry" needed here at all. It

Guest CaptRolo

Rob;Andre'; Thanks for your work in making a guick list .I'm sure it will be a great help to someone new and refresher for some. Another plus for FU IIICaptRolo