Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Congrats Chris...

Guest twsimfan

Chris has managed to get his message out regarding the "Sold Out" FU3/FU2 release. There is an article on the front page of AVSIM about it that I'm sure we all saw.

Thanks, Tom. I am trying to "get the message out" wherever I go. When I post on two other games forums, each message includes the following "signature" at the end:-FLIGHT UNLIMITED IIIFLIGHT UNLIMITED IISold Out Softwarewww.sold-out.co.uk

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robert_S

Chris,This is from AVSIM's "Terms of Use"..."Your email address SHOULD be your regular ISP based email address not one of the free anonymous mail systems, such as Hotmail and Yahoo."This is done to prevent trouble in the forums. If those kind of free anonymous e-mail addresses were permitted, it would allow a troublemaker that gets banned from AVSIM to create a new e-mail address, reregister with AVSIM, then continue to create trouble... again and again and again. By insisting on registering with regular ISP based addresses, that helps prevent such activity. Most folks have but one ISP address, while the free ones are available without limit. If he registers with his ISP address, he will be able to register, and I'm sure AVSIM will not sell his address or display it anywhere. A lot of users do allow their address to be seen, but that's their choice.You won't see mine anywhere here, though many AVSIMmers know it. :-)No, I have no idea what I'm doing up at 2:35AM. :-roll[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Bob,OK, thanks for the information. I will pass the message on to the potential new member :-)By the way, the FU3 tech support page at www.sold-out.co.uk now has a direct link to this forum, so hopefully that should encourage any new FU3 users with problems to make their way over here. However, I did notice one aspect that I thought I should mention. Any non-member who is directed to the forum will see the messages in an EXPANDED format. To be honest, this just makes everything look unnecessarily complicated. It would make more sense (IMO) for any "newbies" to see the forum in its COLLAPSED format. It looks neater, and is easier to understand.Does that make sense ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,If it is collapsed or not can be set by each member to fit their taste. Personally I much prefer the expanded format so I can see how the thread evolved... but each to his (or her) own. :)