Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Wake up 2: Full UKS area with NASA SRTM elevation quali...

Guest Motormouse

Heading towards St Catherines Point,Isle of Wight??:-wavePete

Hi Pete,No it's Bull pt. near Ilfracombe, Bristol Channel :-wave agtim

Hi Ansgar,Thanks for your feedback and if the question was if we want a UK specific AI-Pack then I say YES PLEASE, THANKS :-) :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Agtim, this is wonderful news. UK has been my favourite for some time now, and the accurate terrain has been a great improvement. I'd like to know how many hours you invested in doing this. I think it would be hundreds - many weeks of work.I am rebuiding the models database from scratch - starting from last weekend, using your package model viewer program. Many of the models are not used, so am trimming it down and rebuiding it to match the contents of the packages. I found several mistakes - 1) some of the packages still refer to stree's (which were for Seattle, not San Fran)2) some models still use the 1 designation.3) a lot of specific San Fran models (eg Golden Gate Bridge).So I would like to fix up the wrong modelnames (using your models program), fix up the modelmip.tag, then release both as updated packages/models for UK. This will take me another week to finish. I will upload the three new packages (Cowes, Southend, Biggin Hill) with this, and of course I'll keep the models for the Cave Challenge. You have adjusted heights for some of the packages - could you send me these as well (or can I get them from the user group) to check for misnamed models as well.The new database will keep interesting models, model sets, Jon's models and of course all of your planes, and possibly if I have time I will add in some of the better models from the other regions, for future packages.Then UK will really be up and flying.RobD.

Hi Robert,Thanks for feedback, you will find all the 18 adjusted airports and Model files inside the zip (74MB) when you check your package using this new mod files you will perhaps find 1 or 2 objects still floating.You can rename jtree using my tool, just edit the name in the treeview.You can let FLEDViewer opened with the .mod file and then run FLED or FU3 to see the changes. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

My goodness! Sounds like you've already done all the work! Don't you sleep? OK, will download and check - before I do anything else! but I wanted to rebuild the models database anyway because I was worried that the number of models was affecting the framerate, then found it wasn't! Still, there's a lot of unuseable models there (like Golden Gate Bridge) that should be deleted.RobD.

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, I've flown around in the new UK for a while and it certainly is a vast improvement - valleys, hills etc. Its really come alive! I'm still going on the new database, but I'll make it compatible with your packages so that users don't have top download twice. A few wrong-named models won't matter. Also a few buildings were missing in London. I will fix this and re-release the London packages with the missing models. Anyway, the new UKS is very impressive! A real pleasure to fly over, with a much greater visual feel when flying low. Thanks again for all of your efforts here!RobD.

Have just installed the new files - worked out of the box! everything/everywhere I have tried so far is 200% better. Many thanks Agtim for all your hard work, as Robb says, when do you find time to sleep?!!Ches

Hi all,Thanks for feedback... yes I sleep as usual but I was practically unimploid in the last time, so I have plenty of time during the day and have created new tools that speed up creation of elevation tiles and scenery moves. Enjoy the new flight experience with this old sim ;-) :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

agtim, I,v just got your Complete new elevation for the UK-South, all 72.344KB,s of itin one file, and I think its fantastik.RobD tels me your elevation "rocks his socks", I think thats ozy speek for orsom.Anyway its good in any langwige. So I thank you from the botom of my hart for a job well dun.I am very apresheativ of all your hard work?Thanks to you, I will be slope soring all over the UK-South for meny yers to cum.Glidernut, back with a new superdooper PC.

Guest R_Driscoll

I love it I love it (Aussie slang for "is good"). I've just been over around Stonehenge, then Cardiff, then Lundy Is (works great!) - but of course was not changed, it just works - glidernut will understand), then Plymouth, Southampton, but I already have tested IOW, then onto the Stonehenge area - sensational at low altitudes - the little hills blend and hide things and really help create the effect, then on to Gatwick, Heathrow - there are some good hills en route between those two, and haven't made it to Luton/Stansted/Duxford yet but will, and literary hint for the day - don't write excessively long sentences because noone can follow them after the first bits but its magnificent agtim!And by the way, whose lighthouse is that in your pic glidernut?I don't want to sound jealous or anything, but why has glidernut got a new 3.5 GHz sooperdooper and I'm still running a 500 MHz slomo? Glidernut, you better lock up your computer at night ...:~P :-) RobD.

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, to minimise obfuscation, and to get the last bits uploaded:1) I am releasing Cowes, Southend and Biggin Hill as one package.2) This will include a new version of the UK models database, which is compatible with all of agtim's revised packages but also supports the three new packages.3) The new models database will include a Cow. This is not important. It will not affect framerates or eat grass.4) Biggin Hill will be released in two versions, one for glidernut (sooperdooper computer), one for RobD (slomo), called Biggin_Hill_fast and Biggin_Hill_slow.5) New versions of the airports BIGG and SEND are included. 6) A new version of BEACON.FLD is included.For now I won't release the slight modifications to LondMID and LondEAST (terminal fixes, a few new London buildings) as it would confuse more than benefit.I need a volunteer to beta-test this package for bugs before I release it. Help!!??RobD.

Guest glidernut

Yes Iill test it for ya, send it over.By the way, thats 3.80 GHz, not 3.5!Just like to extract the very last drop of jelasy.3.80 GHz is the CPU speed that FU3 likes so much.Aparantly Iv got 2 CPUs,? what ever that means?Iv put go faster lines doun the side, and Im going to call it ORAK afterthat famous PC that worked on the problem of life the univers and everythingand came to the conclooshion it was 42.glidernut.