Sign in to follow this  
Guest hypersonic

To Chris Low - :-) - Installing Seatle 2005 just busted FUIII???

Guest hypersonic

Hi Chris.I'm scratching my head as to what i possibly did wrong.But after finally getting FUIII to run with sound, I thought i'd start installing the updates.I followed your 'Seatle 2005' install txt instructions to the letter, & placed everything where you say to put it.FUIII loads ok, but since my last run i had San Fran selected as the loading region.Upon going to the region button & selecting Seatle, it defaults to Sea Tac ..... This is ok to begin with.Launching the sim is also ok & I can fly. However, if i either go to select another airstrip to fly from (bringing up the map), before I start, or once started (at Sea Tac) & bring up the Map just to look at it. - In BOTH instances, the map displays, but shows NO airports at all, completely blank except for the map itself. The sim does nothing for a few seconds, then crashes to desktop.It also does this, after selecting Seatle as the region, then going into the flight planner, where it needs to display the map with airports. I.E.: The pause with no airports then crash to desktop.Now i didn't do a backup, so should i dump my install AGAIN!? Or can i fix this with another re-install of the Seatle 2005 package?Look forward to an answer.Al

Al,First question.....do you have the outer terrain scenery installed ? I assume that the answer is "yes", since I can see no sensible reason why ANYONE should have problems getting Seattle 2005 to run without it (based on the fact that it works fine on my PC) :-)Have you removed those "extra airports" that I mentioned in the documentation ?Do you have any other airport package add-ons installed ?I would suggest that you remove the Seattle 2005 packages from your FLIGHT3/PACKAGES folder as a first step. Does this enable FU3 to work properly ? If so, then you can start adding them one at a time.Let me know the situation, and we can work from there.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest hypersonic

Hi Chris,Yes, San Fran IS installed.The whole install is fresh (only hours old)The 'extra airports' I assume is referring to the option in the cfg file where you can switch them on?? - Of so NO this was & has not been added.concerning other airport packages... yours is the 1st & only one! :-(((I shall do as you suggest & empty the packages folder 1st, then see if the map loads &show the airport without crashing the sim.I'll keep you postedAl

Guest hypersonic

Chris,OK, GOOD News!?In so far as, emptying the Packages folder of all the airport packages, has restored the map to its original state & does not crash!!! :-) (Seatle map)So clearly the problem lies there, either in a package, or in the number of packages?Is there a tweak i should/can make to the cfg file to allow more packages? By the way, so far my cfg file is as it is when initially installed. I have not made any alterations to it what so ever, so any tips on what to add to the cfg file would be much appreciated..... Maybe even email me a copy of your cfg file?Look forward to your guidance.Al

Al,When I refer to "outer terrain scenery", I do not mean SanFran ! I am referring to the bland, generic scenery textures that cover a large portion of the western United States. You have the option of installing this terrain (in fact, you have THREE options; small, medium, or large....depending on how much of this terrain you want to install) during the initial FU3 installation procedure.With respect to the "extra airports", did you see the instructions regarding these in the documentation ? Even though they are not "switched on" by default, it seems that they contribute to the total number of airport icons on the Seattle map (even though they are invisible). This deduction is based on problems that users have had in the past with earlier versions of my Seattle upgrade pack !In other words, if you have not removed those "extra airports" from your FLIGHT3/REGIONS/SEATTLE/AIRPORTS folder, then DO SO NOW !!Let me know the answers to the questions above, and then we will decide what to do next.If you send a quick e-mail to the following address, I will send you a copy of my flt3.cfg file. This includes added text that improves the quality of the weather effects.Christopher dot Low at btinternet dot comBest Wishes,Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest hypersonic

Hi Chris,Ok, I'll look into the airports situ....As for the extra terain, yes i DID do a full install, totalling over 2GB of disk space., then added San Fran on top of that.I'll pop you a mail as well :-)CheersAl