Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Gigabyte GeForce3 Ti500 Drivers Help Please

I have a Gigabyte GeForce3 Ti500 video card. It came with 21.85 drivers which I am using. At the Gigabyte site they list only the 21.83 drivers as WHQL certified. I have been getting gdi, g2d and g3d errors lately. Does anyone else have this card, and if so, what drivers have you found to be the best? I am running an Athlon 1700+ in a Gigabyte GA-7DX motherboard. I see a lot of messages about the 28.32 and 28.31, and 29.42 drivers. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Guest SoarPics

Hi Bob, how have you been?Alot of folks with GF3 cards have good luck with the 23.11's. The 28.xx and 29.xx drivers are optimized for the GF4 cards, although they may work just fine with your card. I personally don't put much stock in WHQL certifications (they seem to work the worst on my system).Don't know if you have these utilities, but Detonator Destroyer and Geforce Tweak Utility are must have items for us Nvidia owners. The Destroyer does a great job of removing all remnants of Detonator drivers from the registry. The GTU is one of the popular Nvidia tweaking tools, and there is now an edition that includes a Help file. You can get drivers, Detonator Destroyer, and the GTU here:http://www.guru3d.comHope this helps,

Hi Greg. Have been OK, thanks. I appreciate your comments and I'll look into the guru site. Thanks for the help. Regards, Bob.

Hi there.23.12 drivers are quite good too..Ive found that with my geforce 3 card that the drivers which are from 27.00 upwards are more optimised for the Geforce 4. People with geforce 3 cards seem to have better results with the 23.11 and 23.12 drivers.Thats from my own experience too.Craig Kiltie

Guest TerryT

I am running the 23.11 drivers on a AMD XP 1800 system which has the eVGA Gf Ti 500 and a Gigabyte GA-7VTXE+ motherboard.I tried running the higher number drivers but since they were not certified at the time, the system just did not run correctly. I was getting a lot of rebooting back to the desktop while flying FS2002.Old saying, if it is not broke, do not fix it and I think I will stay with the 23.11s till such time.Terry

Hi Terry. Thanks. Where did you get the 23.11's? I only found the 23.12's. I think I'll try the 23.1's if I can find them. Best regards, Bob.

23.11s are also on the guru3d.com site