Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

The AI-Package V1.00 for FU3 is available now !!!

Guest R_Driscoll

Congratulations on a mighty accomplishment Ansgar! A few comments:1) is it possible to get a complete list of the plane assignments (i.e. as you did in your post above, the parking spot selection SR71-blackbird gives the KC-10 extender)?2) I think to use this in UK, we will need to redo all packages based on this assignment list.3) the models are of course superb - the difference between these and the defaults is amazing.RobD.

Ansgar,That Concorde isn't lined up properly on the taxiway in the first screenshot :-eekPlease accept my apologies for this unforgivable error. I will realign the AI pathway AT ONCE ! ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Robert,it seems you didn

Guest fu3

Ansgar,Looks great! Thanks for putting so much work into it - I can't wait to try it out ;)Only one thing - I read the readme file and it doesn't seem to mention the Saab 340. Maybe you left it as an easter egg? So I shouldn't have mentioned it? Sorry :-lolAnyway, this will be a vast improvement for all. Thanks again!BTW, I really need help moving these instruments!!! I tried a few things and corrupted my resfile every time :-( :-( I may send you a screenshot showing where I want them vs. where they are and maybe you could direct me from there? I am using the 'German' Beechjet resfile as a base, so I don't need to send the whole thing as I'm sure you have a copy! I was going to give up and just use analogue instruments but I'd love those 'tapes' ;):-wave

Ansgar,Ahh, so that's the FLYABLE version of the Concorde ? Now I understand :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jon,I can confirm that the Saab 340 is included, although it seems to be rather rare. I will be experimenting with the FLTDNSTY.dat file tonight, to see if I can increase the frequency ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Arrghhh.... sorry Jon,that was my mistake!!! I know that you send the S340 to me as "hidden easteregg" and because of your good prepared work it was very fast and easy to implement for me. I simply forgot ~2 month ago to mention and notice this in the readme.txt since I noticed in that file before only my biggest and most time intensive steps from time to time.But in the attached fltdnsty_changes.xls file, which I attached also to the AI-upgrade, you can see under "planetypes" that the S340 is linked to the previous A10 model. Also in this threat you see it

Yes, this certainly looks WAY better than what Looking Glass provided :-) I just wish that I had more time for simming these days, not to mention contributing to this nice community. I'll try to fit in a couple of flights tomorrow. Right now I plan to park a plane at SFO, set maximum traffic, go external view, zoom out and watch the show for a while :-) Hans Petter

Guest fu3

Ansgar,Don't worry about re-releasing it - I shouldn't have 'blown' the easter egg :-roll I always leave something out of my readme files anyway, just to keep it interesting ;)I didn't get it installed last night because I am madly finishing some (100?) models. Being on the road has severely eaten into my FU3 'budget' and I need to catch up (sorry, Chris...). The good part is, I'm down to about 8 models left to go...Back to the S340, I thought you may be able to just correct the positions in a German Beechjet resfile and send that to me. Reasons are:* I only have to send you one bitmap file to import into it for checking. I'm having problems sending big files right now :-(* I have a script that imports all textures, callsigns, sounds, axles, etc, so it is really easy to re-create the entire aircraft (minus cockpit) any time. I did this to avoid 'losing it' if the resfile was trashed, and to avoid having 30, 15meg resfiles as backups ("now, which version had the reverse-acting rudder?" :-lol ).* I actually have the entire aircraft done already with analogue instruments, and I've written down all the other settings, so I can easily duplicate the instrument layout in CPD.* The current (digital) one crashes a lot, due to incorrect transparencies in the panel.* From above, it is better for testing that the rest of the resfile is left alone, otherwise, bugs in the S340 may cause problems (not that I'm aware of many, but it's nice to be able to exclude them!).I am not worried about sending you a resfile, it just may be impossible right now! When I can, I want to send out a copy for beta testing & review so you'll definitely get one soon! This idea (my sending only the bitmap) just gets around my email file problem.If this is OK, I can send the bitmap in the next day or so.:-wave

Guest Ansgar

Hi Hans,very fine to hear that you also want to fly a bit around in the new creations. You also have tested it very good before - so also a bit from you is sitting in the pack - and I hope I didn

Hello.I took a ride with this new AI addons using my old IBM computer,-P3-600-voodoo 5.It's amasing.-A sim build on old tecknology, and a new addon like this is a "gold-mine" for Flight unlimited fans.I know there has been a lot work doing this, and I want to say to the experts of programmers doing this as freeware addons:Thank you- Thank you!!Some screenshots is also available here.Take care.Lars Peter.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Lars and all the others above also,thank you very much that you like it that much! You know as freeware developers this is the only "money" we earn.Important for me is that this big update are working stable and that everybody could handle the installation well and without compatibility problems.So far this seems OK and I didn

Hi Ansgar,Yes please I will look into your documentation files to adapt it to the Switzerland region. I will have to change a lot of planes there.If you want use UKS on a safe way install it as a own FU3 game.Best on another drive so there are no connection to the stable system.But you must have more than 12GBytes for that. If you need the diskspace for developing work then this is not possible.:-wave agtim