Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

The AI-Package V1.00 for FU3 is available now !!!

Ansgar,FU3 add-on development can be very rewarding. However, since I have been working on SanFran 2005 for the last three and a half months (and have not flown AT ALL during that time), I am looking forward to the day (hopefully sometime in June) when I can sit back, relax, and actually fly around the new SanFran region. Only then will I be able to fully appreciate the incredible advances that you have made with respect to the AI planes.In fact, I might just take a leaf out of Hans' book.....and sit in my parked plane at SFO, watching the world go by :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hi Andre,you bring it to the point. My free HDD space on my old but stable "lady" (PIII/777MHz) is somewhat behind 2-3 GByte and that I need to build and compare cockpits directly and test flight physics in modified variants.I know that I need a new PC - but other expensive things are more important to buy for me actualy. So simply a question of priority - as allways. ;-)Best regardsAnsgar

Ansgar,Forgive me for asking this question, but.......what exactly is more important than buying a powerful PC for FU3 ? ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Chris,in detail this are a new car - the old one is 13years now. I only wait until it is falling apart into it

Guest R_Driscoll

Chris, you're doomed. You'll never get back to just flying because you're addicted to the building process. There are some who enjoy using, and some who enjoy making, but there is no-one (except glidernut, Jon, Ansgar, agtim, quaxo, Jim, ...) who enjoys both. Me, I', not affected by this addiction at all. I can just leave building stuff and go fly anytime. In fact, as soon as I've fixed this bit and got this new model working and added Jon's new lighting and finished this little program and got this next package well started, or maybe completed, and added the new add-ins and terrained the new heights fixed the AI (oh and that missing VOR near Cardiff) and flattened the airport properly, let's see I'll have to extend the yellow area (what was I saying, I've forgotten)oh well

Guest CaptRolo

Ansgar; Thank you very much for the wonderful AI upgrade ,I sat for hours this weekend exploring and just playing with your creations .I wish I had more time For simming .I also noticed and remembered from before that some of the AI just circle around in a tight spiral ?? and some still fly through the ground. I was working on this way back . has something to do with aiplan.txt,Although for aircraft just on practice I'm not sure what tells them what to fly.I really like the night lighting !CaptRolo

Robert,I'm only doomed until SanFran 2005 is complete.....and that won't happen until I have the models required for the job ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Ansgar,I just want to say thanks.I am astounded by high qualaty of just about everything in your AI pack.The deataill of the repaints, the see throow windscreens, absolootly everything.And I think youv got the compromiz of the animated prop-radius between being vewedfrom abuv and vewed from bilow, just about right, not too dark, not too light, thayare a briliant inivetiv featcher.Your animated prop-radius inovation, has the unuseual property of being abl to renderstatik seanary models invisibl when vewed throow your prop-radius!Not all seanary models, just sum of them, sum of the time.When vewed throow the AI prop-radius, you can even hav harf of a seanary model invisibl!Has anyone els notest this finominem?glidernut.

Guest glidernut

Ansgar,I hav,Microsoft Works Calinder,Microsoft Works Database, Microsoft Works Portfolio,Microsoft Works Spreadsheet, Microsoft Works Word Processor,Microsoft Works Office PowerPoint Viewer,Microsoft Works Task Launcher,Windows Journal Viewer,Adobe Reader,Crimsan Editor,Rich Text Document,Text DocumentWordPad Document,NotePad,Of all thees programs cloging up my PC, I hardly ever use any of them other than NotePad.Is it posibl to put your information on a simpl Notepad, or Word Document?I dont hav EXCEL, and I realy dont want to spend upwords of

John,You can download Excel Viewer 2003 (10Mb) using the following link. This will only allow you to view Excel files (as opposed to modify or create them), but it will enable you to see the information that Ansgar has provided.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=ENChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Got it. Thanks Chirs.glidernut.

Guest juvat2

John,There is a powerful Freeware opensource office suite called OpenOffice.No gimics/ spyware in it. It's a very well designed alternative to Microsoft Office.Their latest version appears to be v1.1.4. I suggest everyone try it before spending a penny for the over priced Ms Office suite.It can import/export Msword doc's, Excel spreadsheets, pdf's, html. Generally it can do just about anything MS Office can, plus more. And it's freeware.Here's the link, you all should give it a try.http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/JimB

Guest Ansgar

Dear John,let me know if you still need the files in an different format. For sure I can export them i.e. to PDF-format or an simple ASCII format.The problem is that you will have problems to follow it

Guest glidernut

JimB,Thanks JimB, Iv got OpenOffice as well nouw.It never fails to amaze me , the good stuf that cums out of this foram.Ansgar,I can see why the info is best displyed in Excel and not in other formats. "the FU3 scenery renderer who didn

Guest R_Driscoll

FU3 has the same transparency problem with static scenery. If you look through a transparent region (such as some of the structures around LCA and Parliament House) towards the sky, clouds disappear and the background sky shows through. Very strange. I thought this might have been due to the video card (and just warned Jim about it in my last post), but I think you're right that its the FU3 renderer. Also there is no support for partial transparency in the models (that I can find).